Technical Discussion
  >> Home Networking, Internet Connection Sharing, etc.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User AnotherAlan
(learned) Wed 31-Oct-12 22:08:21
Print Post

Solwise WAP as second network on BTHH3

[link to this post]

Hi,

I have recently gone over to BT and got a Home Hub 3 modem/router/wireless access point.

I would like to extend wireless coverage in my home by using my old Solwise WAP to create a second network. I have tried to set it up as a repeater, broadcasting the same SSID; so I am trying to set it up as a second network with its own SSID.

My problem is that although I can get it to connect in to the LAN when wired direct to the HH3, and can access it and set up the wireless settings, I can't get it to get an IP address and offer it to a wireless device which is trying to connect to the new SSID.

I presume that either the LAN settings in the Solwise are wrong, or the security settings in the wireless netbook aren't matching those in the Solwise.

Can anyone offer any suggestions, or better yet a step by step guide to setting it up? I plan to set it up wired, then move to a connection using ethernet-over-mains so that can put the Solwise in a different room.

Many thanks for any help,
Alan
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 31-Oct-12 22:15:44
Print Post

Re: Solwise WAP as second network on BTHH3

[re: AnotherAlan] [link to this post]

What exact model, solwise has sold a lot of different kit over the years

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User AnotherAlan
(learned) Wed 31-Oct-12 22:21:33
Print Post

Re: Solwise WAP as second network on BTHH3

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Good point Andrew!

Sorry I didn't think...

The model from the sticker on the base is NL-3054AP3 but I have found no reference to this on the Solwise site or elsewhere; but there is a NET-EL-3054AP3 which seems to be the same.

Alan

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to