Technical Discussion
  >> Home Networking, Internet Connection Sharing, etc.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User rich1969
(newbie) Wed 05-Dec-12 15:31:33
Print Post

PN and TG582n problems

[link to this post]

I have just upgraded to FTTC from TT to PN. Previous connection was less than 1Mbps we are now achieving a whopping 32Mbps, which is a massive difference, when it works!!

It appeared our first router was faulty, because the line was dropping out very regulary, this was cured with a replacement TG582n. We then had perfect wireless connection through existing WAP's on our system, but the directly wired connection, wired into a switch, was spasmodic and only lasted a few minutes every time the router was reset.

We have cured the problem by replacing the TG582n with a relatively cheap NG N300 which has proved to be troublefree since we installed it. I am not sure if the TG582n are faulty or just not man enough for the job.

I would be interested to hear if anyone else has had the same problems.
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Wed 05-Dec-12 18:20:45
Print Post

Re: PN and TG582n problems

[re: rich1969] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by rich1969:
It appeared our first router was faulty, because the line was dropping out very regulary, this was cured with a replacement TG582n.

Are you sure the line was dropping? The router should not have any effect on the line as it is connected to the modem and the modem has the line interface.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User rich1969
(newbie) Thu 06-Dec-12 08:22:56
Print Post

Re: PN and TG582n problems

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

I spoke to PN and they could see we were disconnecting frequently, although the DSL light on the modem remain lit constantly, so I am not sure whether the line was dropping or we were just not connecting.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to