Technical Discussion
  >> Home Networking, Internet Connection Sharing, etc.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User trolleybus
(member) Wed 20-Mar-13 22:38:57
Print Post

wireless channel

[link to this post]

When setting up a draytek 2820vn router for wireless operation I could either select a channel number or auto. The router suggested that I used either channel 9 or 13 since in my local area they were the only two channels that were free. I couldn't see what channel was selected when in auto mode and wondered if it would be more sensible to select an actual channel of either 9 or 13. Any thoughts on this please?
Standard User Stanman_24
(knowledge is power) Wed 20-Mar-13 22:54:26
Print Post

Re: wireless channel

[re: trolleybus] [link to this post]

http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/

good tool for wireless channels

SOTV KRO BCFC smile
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Thu 21-Mar-13 09:21:19
Print Post

[re: trolleybus] [link to this post]

13 can catch you out with the odd device that can't see it because it thinks it's in the US or whatever - this can also be a good reason to use it of course.

Generally I prefer to set the channel, I've seen to many of these auto things selecting 7 and 4 and other daft channels

--

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User iaanhayden
(newbie) Fri 22-Mar-13 10:00:58
Print Post

[re: yarwell] [link to this post]

If the Windows functioning scheme ever notifies you about a feeble WI-Fi signal, it probably means that your attachment isn't as very quick or as dependable as it could be. Position your wireless router, modem router, or get get access to to issue in a centered position. restore your router's antenna and restore your laptop's wireless PC card.
  Print Thread

Jump to