Technical Discussion
  >> Home Networking, Internet Connection Sharing, etc.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User thblsh
(newbie) Sat 06-Apr-13 12:17:24
Print Post

Port forwarding - help!

[link to this post]

I currently use a D-Link DSL-2680 router for my broadband connection with TalkTalk. I have recently obtained a Home Signal box from Three and need to forward several ports. I have done most of these however when I try to forward port 4500 I get a duplication error. Any ideas? Is this port somehow being used for something I cannot see in my router settings? Any help appreciated as this is very frustrating!
Standard User thblsh
(newbie) Sat 06-Apr-13 12:44:35
Print Post

Re: Port forwarding - help!

[re: thblsh] [link to this post]

Incidentally I have tried putting the Home Signal box in the DMZ and this didn't work.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 06-Apr-13 12:53:21
Print Post

If DMZ does not help, then port forwarding is not likely too either, as DMZ is like a port forward for every port.

It is possible that firewall settings and filters in the router may be blocking the Home Signal from working.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Sat 06-Apr-13 12:56:46
Print Post

IPsec NAT traversal uses port 4500. I have IKE and AuthIP IPsec service disabled on my PC. Is that service running on your system, and do you need it?

More to the point, is your router using it? Wireshark can help with seeing what ports are being used.

~ Camieabz ~

All Connection Data ~ Some plusnet links

I've forgotten more about broadband than I care to remember.

Edited by camieabz (Sat 06-Apr-13 12:57:46)

Print Thread

Jump to