Technical Discussion
  >> Home Networking, Internet Connection Sharing, etc.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jez9999
(regular) Mon 14-Oct-13 14:33:44
Print Post

Zen FTTC tg582n router in bridge mode?

[link to this post]

Does anyone have any experience of setting up a Technicolor tg582n router in bridge mode over a FTTC connection? In particular, experience also with using a Linux box as the machine that has the static IP address and setting that up in /etc/network/interfaces on a Debian or similar OS?

That's the setup I had with my old ADSL2+ connection with BE but I can't get it working with my new Zen FTTC one; even though it's actually the same modem they use, it comes pre-programmed with different templates which don't seem to do a non-NATted connection. There seems to be very little on the web on this particular setup, too.

Standard User David_W
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 14-Oct-13 15:42:17
Print Post

Re: Zen FTTC tg582n router in bridge mode?

[re: jez9999] [link to this post]

If that's what you want to do, connect the BT Openreach modem directly to a network interface on your Linux box, and configure that network interface for PPPoE using the Zen supplied user name and password. You don't need the Zen supplied router.

This comes to you via a similar configuration - my BT Openreach modem is connected to a rack mount server running pfSense - a FreeBSD based router/firewall.

Print Thread

Jump to