Technical Discussion
  >> Home Networking, Internet Connection Sharing, etc.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User YogiX
(newbie) Sat 01-Nov-14 14:34:29
Print Post

EE Brightbox Port Forwarding not working looking for advice

[link to this post]

Just joined the community - hello all!

I have recently switched from Sky to EE and have a new BrightBox router. I am on ADSL not fibre.

I have a Tenvis IP Camera for my cat when I am away for the day and access it from my phone. It was pretty straightforward to set up on my Sky router. I just had to add the port I wanted to use - 81 to the services on the Sky router and then add the IP address 192.168.1.85 for the service. I use dyndns aswell so all I had to do was to type in mydoman@dyndns.org:81 to access the camera.

It doesnt seem so straightorward on the BrightBox. I have gone into NAT and then Port Forwarding. I have added the settings:
LAN IP Address: 192.168.1.85 / Protocol Type: TCP / LAN Port: 81 / Public Port: 81 / Enable: Tick
LAN IP Address: 192.168.1.85 / Protocol Type: UDP / LAN Port: 81 / Public Port: 81 / Enable: Tick

I have then gone into Port Triggers and set:
Trigger Port: 81 / Trigger Type: TCP / Public Port: 81 / Public Type: TCP / Enable: Tick
Trigger Port: 81 / Trigger Type: UDP / Public Port: 81 / Public Type: UDP / Enable: Tick

I have restarted the router but when I try mydomain@dyndns.org:81 it cannot connect.

If I just try the address mydomain@dyndns.org it loads up my router admin page so I guess dyndns is working fine. I have tried turning off the firewall to see if that make a difference but nothing.

I am on a mac so can't use the port checker tool on portforward.com. I have used Port Scan in network utility but I only get the following:

Port Scan has startedů

Port Scanning host: 192.168.1.1

Open TCP Port: 53 domain
Open TCP Port: 80 http
Open TCP Port: 139 netbios-ssn
Open TCP Port: 445 microsoft-ds
Open TCP Port: 5438
Open TCP Port: 8085
Port Scan has completedů

I have enabled DHCP and changed to Forever
Lease Time Two Days

and I have added the address reservation 192.168.1.85

Can anybody give me some other tips

Thanks in advance
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Sun 02-Nov-14 13:18:44
Print Post

Re: EE Brightbox Port Forwarding not working looking for adv

[re: YogiX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by YogiX:

I have recently switched from Sky to EE and have a new BrightBox router. I am on ADSL not fibre.

I have a Tenvis IP Camera for my cat when I am away for the day and access it from my phone. It was pretty straightforward to set up on my Sky router. I just had to add the port I wanted to use - 81 to the services on the Sky router and then add the IP address 192.168.1.85 for the service. I use dyndns aswell so all I had to do was to type in mydoman@dyndns.org:81 to access the camera.

It doesnt seem so straightorward on the BrightBox.

Thanks in advance
Are the EE set-up Port Forwarding on your Bright Box router instructions below any good to you?

Set-Up Port Forwarding
http://ee.co.uk/help/phones-and-device/home-broadban...

Set-Up Port triggers

EE broadband WBC 20 Mbps unlimited. Sync 15282 kbps Downstream, 1276 kbps Upstream. thinkbroadband/SpeedTest
Bright Box ADSL2+ wireless N Router supplied by EE/Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router
Standard User YogiX
(newbie) Sun 02-Nov-14 19:28:37
Print Post

Re: EE Brightbox Port Forwarding not working looking for adv

[re: E7er] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by E7er:
In reply to a post by YogiX:

It doesnt seem so straightorward on the BrightBox.

Thanks in advance
Are the EE set-up Port Forwarding on your Bright Box router instructions below any good to you?

Set-Up Port Forwarding

Set-Up Port triggers

Thanks - I had these pages already and used them to set up the forwarding initially.

I tried to login today from a friends house and connected perfectly. I tried from home and it doesn't work. Maybe its not working again. I will have to test again tomorrow from work.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to