Technical Discussion
  >> Home Networking, Internet Connection Sharing, etc.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User guppy02
(newbie) Sun 31-May-15 18:03:08
Print Post

Help with Asus RT-N65U and EE 4G Connectivity

[link to this post]

HI All,

I am hoping t someone can help me out please. I currently own the RT-N65U router which has been a great router. The router has 3g/4g connectivity available with a compatible dongle.

My problem is that we are moving soon away from a fibre enable area to a semi rural spot which is not due to get fibre till later this year. I am not happy with the idea of downgrading to a 2mb broadband connection.

I have done some research and found EE have good 4G coverage at the new house. As a temporary solution in plan to use 4G till fibre is in the area.

I have bought a Huawei E3372 dongle which is compatible with the router and i have picked up a PAYG sim to test this out. So far i can not get the router to sign in to 4G. I have no idea what i am doing wrong.

I have used the following APN Details and manually added them in.I selected Orange from the drop down menu for regional details. And used the following details
APN - everywhere
Dial number - *99#
Username - eesecure
Password - secure

Where the router asked for a PIN i used the default PIN which is issued with EE Sims which was 1111

Has anyone on this form had any experience or success with EE 4G connectivity?

The dongle works fine connected to my laptop
Standard User azrael316
(regular) Tue 02-Jun-15 11:24:50
Print Post

Re: Help with Asus RT-N65U and EE 4G Connectivity

[re: guppy02] [link to this post]

It seems from the Asus support site

https://www.asus.com/event/networks_3G4G_support/

That the 3372 is only compatible in the Czech Republic..
Standard User fearby
(committed) Sat 27-Jun-15 15:12:37
Print Post

[re: guppy02] [link to this post]

If you can put Tomato or Merlin firmware on you may have better luck. There is a Padavan firmware which will work on this router: https://code.google.com/p/rt-n56u/

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User guppy02
(newbie) Sat 27-Jun-15 16:43:40
Print Post

[re: fearby] [link to this post]

Thanks. I managed to get it working in the end. I had to change the LAN IP range from 192.168.1.x to 192.168.0.x

You have to access the configuration for the 4g dongle via web interface which was causing a conflict.

There isn't enough documentation in regards to 4g dongles and these routers.
  Print Thread

Jump to