Technical Discussion
  >> Home Networking, Internet Connection Sharing, etc.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User iand
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 11-May-16 19:19:35
Print Post

Re: NEWBIE - Devolo Plugs (one room issue)

[re: jimgb17] [link to this post]

Use powerlines all around the house and have never had a problem of powerlines effecting the adsl, adsl2+ or VDSL services I have had over the years.

IanD
Standard User jimgb17
(regular) Wed 11-May-16 21:39:25
Print Post

[re: iand] [link to this post]

modern PLA’s use a sort of PLT in part of the radio spectrum in the 1.8MHz to 86MHz range. The gigabit versions operate right up to 300MHz
VDSL2 uses 25 kHz to 12 MHz
So its a could cause interference to VDSL just not in your case...
Also PLA'S could soon be made Illegal to use. its not just vdsl that can be effected anyone listening to am radio can be effected.. Sea and land rescue OPS have reported interference around 5/8MHZ in built up cities...
should a Stakeholder (radio user) become aware that they are suffering interference from PLT and request Ofcom's help to resolve the issue, there is every chance that Ofcom may come knocking at your door. To date, most instances of PLT interference have only been resolved to the complainant's satisfaction by removal of the devices.

i myself have experienced vhf radio service on 166Mhz on a council radio transmitter it was located in a block of flats in Glasgow the transmitter was a vhf repeater link. we had constant interference during the day and it was found that it was some tenant's using PLA’s that was causing the problem it took around 2 weeks to find the cause..

Sorry for the rant but i would just like to pass on what i have found and my own pernonal findings

Here is one report there are other google is your friend

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2015/01/ofcom-p...

here is another nice read

http://www.ban-plt.org.uk/what.php

Jimgb17

Edited by jimgb17 (Wed 11-May-16 21:42:08)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 11-May-16 22:19:33
Print Post

[re: jimgb17] [link to this post]

Btw UK VDSL2 is power masked to not interfere with ADSL2+ so avoids the lower frequencies ADSL and ADSL2+ use, but does top out at 17 MHz.

G.fast looks set to push on towards the 120 MHz region.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to