Technical Discussion
  >> Home Networking, Internet Connection Sharing, etc.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User louiebelfield
(newbie) Thu 29-Sep-16 11:23:49
Print Post

Ee internet state disconnected

[link to this post]

My ee bright box two internet state is disconnected. I have tried to click on connect internet nothing happens. I have reset to factory settings but still flashing orange. When I change it from asdl to fibre it connects for about 30 secs then drops out. The broadband is green it's just the Internet is flashing orange. Cam anyone help please???
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 29-Sep-16 11:26:48
Print Post

Re: Ee internet state disconnected

[re: louiebelfield] [link to this post]

Do you have ADSL2+ or FTTC (fibre) service.

Does the brightbox let you access any line stats, e.g. see the connection speed the modem is connected at?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(newbie) Thu 29-Sep-16 12:25:47
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I think im fibre how do I check and yes I can access stats which ones do you need?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(newbie) Thu 29-Sep-16 13:11:12
Print Post

Do I need to change a setting or something? I have gone on and clicked connect internet because it says disconnected but nothing happens
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 29-Sep-16 13:38:29
Print Post

What speeds do you normally get are an indication of the product, as well as the monthly cost.

On the stats

Connection Speed
Line Attenuation
Noise Margin/SNR

For both download and upload.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(newbie) Thu 29-Sep-16 17:15:36
Print Post

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
What speeds do you normally get are an indication of the product, as well as the monthly cost.

On the stats

Connection Speed
Line Attenuation
Noise Margin/SNR

For both download and upload.

It says connected to the broadband but not connected to the Internet way is that? Also my stats are 58 upload and 11 down load something like that? I just need with my bright box 2 flashing internet symbol flashing orange
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Thu 29-Sep-16 17:25:41
Print Post

Bill definitely paid and up to date? Direct debit could not have failed e.g. lost bank card and froze account or anything?

I'd give the ISP a call as it looks like authentication issue which is usually either a fault or payment failed.
(newbie) Thu 29-Sep-16 17:28:30
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

Yeah everything is paided for must be a authentication issue. When I go on status nothing appers on the broadband username it's blank but there is a password how does that work?
(newbie) Thu 29-Sep-16 17:31:01
Print Post

The strange thing is that when I factory reset it. It connects for 30 seconds then drops not sure why any ideas?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 29-Sep-16 17:40:44
Print Post

Need to talk to @EE, could be they have an authentication problem or the router is playing up

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to