Technical Discussion
  >> Home Networking, Internet Connection Sharing, etc.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 13-Feb-17 20:51:57
Print Post

Pure Evoke F3

[link to this post]

Got the above device, it connected easily enough using WPS button on the Hub 6 ..... worked well for 5 days, then would not connect to the router for love nor money ..... Full reset, everything I could think of done, it steadfastly refused to connect ...... router reset, 2.5 and 5 split in router .... nothing.

Replacement arrived ...... this would not connect either, simply refused.

Any ideas ?

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Mon 13-Feb-17 20:59:43
Print Post

Re: Pure Evoke F3

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Did you try manually instead of wps?

Got another hub to try?
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 13-Feb-17 21:18:43
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Thank you for replying.

Yes tried a manually input connection several times.

My old router was a 4 and a modem, can't actually recall where it all went during the move ....

To be fair to the 6 everything else works fine on it, many Apple devices connect no problem, etc, etc.

I'd guess it was some incompatibly issue, except that it worked for five days ....

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jaba
(regular) Tue 14-Feb-17 00:01:29
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

It might be worth switching off all security stuff( mac filter, WPAxxx etc) to see if it will connect with no hoops to jump through. Try channel 6 to be safe. This will at least prove its basic connectivity.

OR
If you have a different router enable its wifi and see if it will connect to this. You can do this offline.

I connect my internet radio on its own to a guest channel so that nothing else can interfere with it and vice versa. It usually will not connect to Channel 12 or 13 but it is 7 or 8 years old now and is 54g only. Also the router must be booted up and broadcasting before the radio is switched on or it just searches for the network forever.

Just a few thoughts which might help...........
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 14-Feb-17 12:58:00
Print Post

[re: jaba] [link to this post]

Thank you . If I get any further I'll update the thread.

Print Thread

Jump to