Technical Discussion
  >> Home Networking, Internet Connection Sharing, etc.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 13-Feb-17 20:51:57
Print Post

Pure Evoke F3

[link to this post]

Got the above device, it connected easily enough using WPS button on the Hub 6 ..... worked well for 5 days, then would not connect to the router for love nor money ..... Full reset, everything I could think of done, it steadfastly refused to connect ...... router reset, 2.5 and 5 split in router .... nothing.

Replacement arrived ...... this would not connect either, simply refused.

Any ideas ?

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Mon 13-Feb-17 20:59:43
Print Post

Re: Pure Evoke F3

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Did you try manually instead of wps?

Got another hub to try?
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 13-Feb-17 21:18:43
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Thank you for replying.

Yes tried a manually input connection several times.

My old router was a 4 and a modem, can't actually recall where it all went during the move ....

To be fair to the 6 everything else works fine on it, many Apple devices connect no problem, etc, etc.

I'd guess it was some incompatibly issue, except that it worked for five days ....

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jaba
(regular) Tue 14-Feb-17 00:01:29
Print Post

It might be worth switching off all security stuff( mac filter, WPAxxx etc) to see if it will connect with no hoops to jump through. Try channel 6 to be safe. This will at least prove its basic connectivity.

OR
If you have a different router enable its wifi and see if it will connect to this. You can do this offline.

I connect my internet radio on its own to a guest channel so that nothing else can interfere with it and vice versa. It usually will not connect to Channel 12 or 13 but it is 7 or 8 years old now and is 54g only. Also the router must be booted up and broadcasting before the radio is switched on or it just searches for the network forever.

Just a few thoughts which might help...........
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 14-Feb-17 12:58:00
Print Post

[re: jaba] [link to this post]

Thank you . If I get any further I'll update the thread.

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 30-Mar-17 11:57:11
Print Post

Re: Pure Evoke F3 - Update.

So this morning the Hub 6 went solid green light , no resetting, etc would fix it ..... this after 4 months solid service except for the Pure Evoke issue.

...put a Hub 5 on, thought I'd try the radio .......... worked instantly.

The big shame is that the 6 had much better wifi coverage throughout the property.

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Mon 03-Apr-17 20:36:25
Print Post

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
So this morning the Hub 6 went solid green light , no resetting, etc would fix it ..... this after 4 months solid service except for the Pure Evoke issue.

...put a Hub 5 on, thought I'd try the radio .......... worked instantly.

The big shame is that the 6 had much better wifi coverage throughout the property.
Common issue on a bad batch, BT will replace for free with the green light.

When you get the new hub, some devices struggle with wireless set to Mode 1, so you can try out Mode 2 but it is slightly slower over wireless for everything.

As per the homehub help:

Mode 1 - Gives you the fullest featured Wireless, maximising throughput and range.

Mode 2: Some devices can sometimes struggle to use the latest Wireless features, if you have any devices that canít get a good wireless connection, try using this mode. Selecting this mode may reduce the wireless range and throughput but improve connectivity.

Mode 3: Change to this mode if your wireless devices donít perform well using mode 1 or 2. Selecting this mode will reduce the latest features as well as wireless range and throughput compared to Mode 1 and 2. This will allow for the broadest range of devices to operate on the wireless
The features that are reduced include: power saving procedures, traffic aggregation methods and Multiple Concurrent data streams.

Edited by ukhardy07 (Mon 03-Apr-17 20:36:44)

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 04-Apr-17 18:56:05
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

When you get the new hub, some devices struggle with wireless set to Mode 1, so you can try out Mode 2 but it is slightly slower over wireless for everything.

As per the homehub help:

Mode 1 - Gives you the fullest featured Wireless, maximising throughput and range.

Mode 2: Some devices can sometimes struggle to use the latest Wireless features, if you have any devices that canít get a good wireless connection, try using this mode. Selecting this mode may reduce the wireless range and throughput but improve connectivity.

Mode 3: Change to this mode if your wireless devices donít perform well using mode 1 or 2. Selecting this mode will reduce the latest features as well as wireless range and throughput compared to Mode 1 and 2. This will allow for the broadest range of devices to operate on the wireless
The features that are reduced include: power saving procedures, traffic aggregation methods and Multiple Concurrent data streams.

I had tried all those modes to no avail in an earlier stab at resolving the issue, but thank you.

Standard User WilliamGrimsley
(committed) Tue 04-Apr-17 19:25:47
Print Post

Really don't want this to come over the wrong way, but have you thought about purchasing a better router that's not full of firmware issues?

Sync: 35133/7900 Kbps.
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Tue 04-Apr-17 19:56:03
Print Post

[re: WilliamGrimsley] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by WilliamGrimsley:
Really don't want this to come over the wrong way, but have you thought about purchasing a better router that's not full of firmware issues?
I think that is very unfair, and certainly I am keen to hear of these "firmware issues" you describe. My hub 6 has been plugged in behind an alcohol cabinet for months on end, never requiring a reboot manually and it just works.
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Tue 04-Apr-17 19:56:50
Print Post

That's such a strange one.

Have you tried disabling WPS entirely and reconnecting?
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Tue 04-Apr-17 19:56:50
Print Post

Re: Pure Evoke F3 - Update. *DELETED*

Post deleted by ukhardy07
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to