User comments on ISPs
  >> NewNet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User dave29
(newbie) Tue 01-Feb-11 17:50:41
Print Post

Newnet 12 Month Contract

[link to this post]

It would appear that Newnet have at last revised their TOCs for existng (pre Oct 2010) customers and are now allowing free regrading and retention of their one month notice of termination.
Well done Newnet!
5 years with Newnet and delighted to remain a customer.
Standard User normsland
(learned) Tue 01-Feb-11 18:26:26
Print Post

Re: Newnet 12 Month Contract

[re: dave29] [link to this post]

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the update. I don't see any mention of this on their site. Yeah I am in no rush to move. My Exchange has only been unbundled by TalkTalk (shudder shudder) and there is no 21CN ADSL2+ in the area. My current package works out fine for our uses. So more than happy to stay with NewNet.

Thanks

Norm
Standard User zhango
(newbie) Wed 02-Feb-11 10:22:18
Print Post

[re: normsland] [link to this post]

When the 12 month contracts for new customers was introduced I did find it disappointing that they were given off-peak hours from midnight instead of 2am as applying to existing one month notice customers.
This is the opposite of a loyalty bonus.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User aos101
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 02-Feb-11 19:00:27
Print Post

Where did you get this information? I can't find anything on the website either. The 12 month contract is putting me off moving to the new packages.

Standard User dave29
(newbie) Fri 04-Feb-11 00:10:37
Print Post

[re: zhango] [link to this post]

In Dec I decided that I needed more bandwidth. but expressed my unwillingness to to be switched to a 12 month contract. I was told that this policy was under review by the management team. Four days ago I was informed by an email addressed to "Dear Customer" that I could regrade free of charge and retain the one month period of notice. If you wish to see a copy of the email please pm me and i will forward a copy to you.

I don't know if this is a general change or only applicable to customers already on the one month contract. If the latter I would not expect the change of policy to appear in the published terms. If it is a general change of policy then I imagine that amendments will appear in due course. Either way Newnet now appear to be willing to treat customer loyalty in a more reasonable manner.
Standard User aos101
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 04-Feb-11 17:34:33
Print Post

Thanks for the extra information. If I do decide to move to the new packages I'll email them and ask about the contract length (and whether I can stay on my monthly contract).

Edited by aos101 (Fri 04-Feb-11 17:35:19)

Standard User zhango
(newbie) Fri 18-Feb-11 21:37:56
Print Post

[re: aos101] [link to this post]

Dave, thanks for this info as I was thinking of moving but after emailing NewNet today I was offered the same deal - free upgrade to the 10GB/month package and stay on the one month contract.
After agreeing to this I was upgraded immediately so it's a big thumbs-up to Newnet from me - great service. smile
ISP Representative SupportManager
(isp) Tue 01-Mar-11 09:49:12
Print Post

[re: zhango] [link to this post]

Hi all

The new packages on offer and visible on the site all have the option for monthly contracts should you so wish.

Support Manager
Newnet plc

Email:
General enquiries: support@newnet.co.uk
Call: 0844 8549289
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 01-Mar-11 10:09:30
Print Post

[re: SupportManager] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by SupportManager:
Hi all

The new packages on offer and visible on the site all have the option for monthly contracts should you so wish.
Is This:-
2. Some services, for example ADSL broadband, have alternative minimum periods and are subject to alternative terms which are shown to the Customer during the ordering process
all there is about that?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre.
  Print Thread

Jump to