User comments on ISPs
  >> NewNet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User idb
(committed) Mon 01-Aug-11 16:39:07
Print Post

Re: Trouble @ Newnet?

[re: maggiej] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by maggiej:
My NetWorx Monitor usage figures :

30.07 54.2MB Newnet 101MB (86% over)
31.07 495MB Newnet 1070MB (116% over)
When I checked this morning my usage difference for the 30th and 31st was similar to yours; about double what it should be.

I've just checked again and those two days are now showing as 0 usage. Whether this is a prelude to correcting the figures, or if they are just going to forget all usage on those days, I don't know.

Ian
Standard User maggiej
(newbie) Mon 01-Aug-11 17:15:39
Print Post

[re: idb] [link to this post]

I have been checking my account and yes, they have removed all figures from 29.7 - 31.7.11. There has also been no usage recorded for today either!

I raised my query via a ticket with them and have now heard from them. They have advised that the issues with their bandwidth monitoring have now been resolved. As there was no mention of the differences in the usage figures following the major blip of 29.7, there definitely was something wrong and no usage figures have been included in the monthly summary. As they have confirmed my final usage figure for July is below my package limit of 3 GB it would seem usage for the period in question is being 'forgotten'. Will just have to keep an eye on their figures to see if they are in line with my own usage monitor.

Unfortunately, altho they have amended my July summary, they have not corrected the prepaid bandwidth amount to be carried over to August and I'm awaiting their advices on this. Hopefully there will be no further problems.
ISP Representative SupportManager
(isp) Mon 01-Aug-11 17:28:38
Print Post

[re: zhango] [link to this post]

Dear all

Apologies for any confusion caused by this issue. I have now updated the service status page with the latest update following full investigation and resolution of the problem. Any users wishing to discuss this matter further should contact the Newnet service team in the usual way.

Following investigation it has now been identified that the discrepancies experienced with some users bandwidth usage was caused by the service outage on Fri 29th July. This resulted in 4-5GB of extra usage being applied to some accounts incorrectly. Newnet has made the decision as a result of this event to remove all bandwidth usage for all broadband services, from 1300hrs 29th July until approx 5pm today 1st Aug 2011. This has therefore removed any unfair usage for those accounts affected, and any users who were not affected will also have effectively free usage for this period.

The bandwidth accounting service is now back online and calculating usage as it should as of 5pm. Newnet apologises again for the confusion and inconvenience this may have caused. Please rest assured Newnet continues to take itís responsibilities to customers and the data we provide on their usage very seriously and will work to resolve any issues which should arise as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Support Manager
Newnet plc

Email:
General enquiries: support@newnet.co.uk
Call: 0844 8549289
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User buddyboy
(newbie) Mon 01-Aug-11 19:16:54
Print Post

[re: SupportManager] [link to this post]

well I've just lost another 4/5 gig today ( 1st ) , so there are still problems
Standard User maggiej
(newbie) Mon 01-Aug-11 20:01:19
Print Post

[re: SupportManager] [link to this post]

Just checked my usage summary as of 19.25 hrs which unfortunately shows a massive usage figure of 592 MB. According to my monitor my total daily use today is 73 MB - a difference of 711%. Prior to logging in at 19.25 nil usage was shown.
If the figure of 592 MB relates to usage after 1700 hrs, then the difference is far far greater, ie: a difference in the region of 1467%!!!

It would seem the issue is still far from being resolved.

Will see what tomorrow brings
Standard User Stylee
(newbie) Tue 02-Aug-11 01:10:34
Print Post

[re: lcdman] [link to this post]

Came home from work on Friday to find my account suspended - apparently I'd used 3.2GB while I wasn't at home!

I got my MAC from Newnet just over a week ago - my decision to change had nothing to do with metering problems, just that they were no longer competitive on price for my usage.

Last week and yesterday morning I've had emails from Newnet Credit Control threatening to suspend my service unless I pay for what would amount to over six weeks from the date I got my MAC. Both times i have replied and asked for an adjusted invoice to cover just the 30 days notice period required - but have had no response.

I try and take some amusement from what their emails say;

"Thank you for your continued business with NewNet." - I'm no longer a Newnet customer!

"To ensure that we can continue to provide our customers with a consistent level of service we have to regrettably suspend services that are overdue for payment. Therefore, if you are unable to pay the outstanding balance today, then your current service will have to be placed on suspension at midnight tonight." - Guess what? I'm no longer a Newnet customer, so good luck!

If Credit Control sent me a correct invoice, I would pay it immediately, but as it stands they have failed to even acknowledge emails sent to them.

I was a happy bunny with Newnet for over three years - now i'm glad I jumped ship.
Standard User lcdman
(member) Sun 14-Aug-11 11:46:00
Print Post

Now they're billing me for it!!!

Not only did the bandwidth tracker screw up they've now billed me for it!!

Got my monthly billl today, shows 8GB extra that I didn't use or buy.

As you will guess, I've disputed it.

This is definitely NOT the Newnet I joined, and I won't be around much longer at this rate.......

SORT YOURSELVES OUT NEWNET!
ISP Representative SupportManager
(isp) Mon 15-Aug-11 11:13:41
Print Post

Re: Now they're billing me for it!!!

Dear all,

Further to the issues at the start of the month, I have looked into this and it seems that some customers have been billed for more than they should have done. Given this, we are now in the process of checking all customers who have been (or are due to be) billed for excess usage for July, and correcting any discrepancies as soon as possible.

Obviously however this will not happen instantly so if you have been billed for more than you think you should feel free to email me (service.manager@newnet.co.uk) and I will get it looked into ASAP for you. Obviously all affected accounts will be corrected in time so if you are happy to wait you do not need to contact me, it will be corrected in due course. Apologies for any confusion caused in the meantime.

Support Manager
Newnet plc

Email:
General enquiries: support@newnet.co.uk
Call: 0844 8549289
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to