User comments on ISPs
  >> NewNet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 26-May-15 14:27:54
Print Post

Timico

[link to this post]

Independent business internet, hosting and communications service provider Timico has acquired the telecoms interests of Coms Plc, the Buckinghamshire-based provider of hosted unified communications, cloud and connectivity services.

In addition to the business assets, Timico will be taking on immediate responsibility for the customers contracted to Coms for their communications services.

Apparently Timico bought Newnet a few years back, what are peoples experience of them? Im with Coms (looking to leave) but wondering what to expect from Timico
Standard User zhango
(regular) Fri 05-Jun-15 11:48:57
Print Post

Re: Timico

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

I joined Newnet for home broadband over 8 years ago and it's been a really good service - I didn't notice any difference when Timico took over.
Standard User Canopus
(regular) Sun 07-Jun-15 11:19:06
Print Post

[re: zhango] [link to this post]

Does Timico include email and web space in their package? When I was with ADSL24 I had those and when Coms bought them out under the statement that nothing would change a short while later they removed email and web space. If Timico replaces them it would a couple of points toward me staying.

Also, do Timico lock you into a 0ne year contract or is it month by month as with Coms and ADSL24 were?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zhango
(regular) Sun 14-Jun-15 13:59:45
Print Post

[re: Canopus] [link to this post]

I can have 10 email addresses but no web space. I am on a monthly contract but don't know about new customers.
There doesn't appear to be any info on their website and I get the impression that Timico only wants business customers?
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 14-Jun-15 16:09:29
Print Post

[re: zhango] [link to this post]

Ive migrated away now. Seems Timico use BT exchanges rather than LLU (although they do use some LLU lines) so rather jump before pushed
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 01-Jul-15 18:27:20
Print Post

Re: Timico - beware slamming

For anyone with Timico it appears they dont send out the migration letters that Ofcom require when you want to move ISP

A Coms/Timico customers who has migrated since the new rules hasnt been sent a letter confirming the migration. Timico are meant to be incharge of all Coms user accounts now but appears they dont bother to send out the letters
Standard User user7423
(committed) Sun 05-Jul-15 07:13:41
Print Post

A friend called me yesterday, their broadband went down yesterday morning (phone is OK), as has their next door neighbours. The thunderstorm during Friday night flooded some parts of the street, which could be the cause of broadband being down.

Who does he call, Coms or Timico, as he has had no notification of the takeover. He has already tried calling Coms, but just gets a recorded message, he has left a message, but I doubt anyone from Coms will call back. I managed to get a phone number for Timico for him, but that can only be used Monday - Saturday business hours, the out of hours number can only be used if you pay £30+ VAT per month for the out of hours service.

Bit of a shambles really, when they have not been given any information on the takeover and who is running their line now.
ISP Representative Neil_A
(isp) Mon 06-Jul-15 15:06:01
Print Post

[re: user7423] [link to this post]

Hi there,

If you're a Coms customer you should still contact Coms for support or billing issues. They do have a bit of a backlog but will deal with your call/email.

Broadband lines are on their network and moving lines across to Timico has not started yet, so Timico staff don't have access to the Coms systems in general.

We'll be emailing all Coms Broadband customers in the next week about a network migration that will take place within a month or so.

Kind Regards,

--
Neil Armstrong
Timico Ltd
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User user7423
(committed) Mon 06-Jul-15 15:47:53
Print Post

[re: Neil_A] [link to this post]

Can I ask, as I would like to know and can pass this info on to my friend.

When they were with ADSL24 they were on C&W LLU, apparently, the Coms tech support said my friends line was on TalkTalk, did you change his line from one to the other as part of the takeover? Or did Coms change it when they took over ADSL24?

Thanks

Edited by user7423 (Mon 06-Jul-15 16:02:35)

ISP Representative Neil_A
(isp) Mon 06-Jul-15 21:24:36
Print Post

[re: user7423] [link to this post]

Hi,
About half the Coms customers are on TalkTalk LLU and we've no plans to change that. I presume they must have moved them from C&W prior to Timico acquiring them.
Thanks

Kind Regards,

--
Neil Armstrong
Timico Ltd
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to