User comments on ISPs
  >> NewNet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User matzi11a
(newbie) Tue 08-Sep-15 14:41:29
Print Post

Minttec

[link to this post]

I've received an email telling me things are changing again

<snip>
"Timico Partner Services (formerly Newnet) who currently provide your broadband service will soon be transferring your current ADSL broadband service over to one of their trusted partners to better manage and support your broadband requirements. Minttec has been selected due to our track record for excellent customer service ethos, quick response times and knowledgeable staff. You should have received an email from Timico Partner Services warning you about the change, if not please find the attached email detailing this service change."
<snip>

Does anyone have experience with minttec?
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Tue 08-Sep-15 15:46:32
Print Post

Re: Minttec

[re: matzi11a] [link to this post]

That's MORPHEUS INTEGRATED TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED and according to their latest accounts, they're 40 grand in debt.
Standard User matzi11a
(newbie) Tue 08-Sep-15 16:50:53
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

hmm not a great start then, i'll follow up with a call later in the week and update if i'm told anything interesting

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 08-Sep-15 18:28:19
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

But improving slowly.

Looks like someone bought a new car tongue. Both the assets and liabilities went up by about £20k.

Included in creditors is a loan of £65k, down from £80k in 2013.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57970/13958kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User matzi11a
(newbie) Wed 09-Sep-15 10:55:44
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

i dunno if this is a coincidence but they called me first! presumably someone read this thread though - so hi and thanks for the call smile Excuse me for paraphrasing and stealing your thunder but i will relay some of what we just discussed.

The connection does not change, my IP will not change, usage reports same, login credentials same and my contract is unaffected.

Customer support and Technical support is changing. i now call minttec and have an account manager i can call/email directly. Anything he cant answer he can escalate to timico (who have the same tech guys they had before - phew, i'm glad about that).

Sounded like a thoroughly nice chap will see how it goes.

(i hope its a convertible with 200 bhp)
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 09-Sep-15 11:25:13
Print Post

Interesting.

That sounds like a third-party call centre arrangement. The email said a transfer of your broadband service. Not the same thing at all.

Possibly just a very badly-worded email.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57970/13958kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User matzi11a
(newbie) Wed 09-Sep-15 11:35:15
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

indeed, so possible not so bad after all. but as we all know its only when things go wrong you find out whether its really ok.
Standard User ZenUserJP
(member) Thu 10-Sep-15 11:14:02
Print Post

WHY do you put up with this? with so many providers around (who have been the same provider since the start) why don't you go elsewhere? Your connection would be the same with any provider

I'm just curious. it's of course up to you what you do.

Edited by ZenUserJP (Thu 10-Sep-15 11:15:10)

Standard User matzi11a
(newbie) Mon 14-Sep-15 14:40:11
Print Post

[re: ZenUserJP] [link to this post]

yeah i hear ya
  Print Thread

Jump to