User comments on ISPs
  >> NewNet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User dheaven
(newbie) Fri 01-Apr-16 18:16:15
Print Post

Compulsory transfer to Timico Business Services?

[link to this post]

Have any other NewNet (Timico Partner Services) customers received an e-mail today from Neil Armstrong advising that their account will be transferred to Timico Business Services on 1st May 2016?

It appears that this will result in the withdrawal of both the unlimited off-peak usage allowance and the pre-pay bandwidth top-up facility.

Supposedly this will be "compensated" for by simply doubling the existing monthly allowance and then charging £2.25 plus VAT for every GB over this new allowance!!

Comments anyone?
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Fri 01-Apr-16 19:13:34
Print Post

Re: Compulsory transfer to Timico Business Services?

[re: dheaven] [link to this post]

Migrate
ISP Representative Neil_A
(isp) Mon 04-Apr-16 09:01:13
Print Post

Hi there,

We're in the process of producing more information and an FAQ about this migration which will happen on 1st May. Newnet has been part of Timico for several years but has been managed on a seperate set of systems. Although we merged the physical network during the last 12 months we now need to move Newnet customers onto the Timico billing system because the old Newnet billing system is very old and has become unsupportable.

The Timico billing system doesn't cater for 'pre-pay' usage and very few ISPs do this any more. So we're bringing all ex-Newnet broadband products in line with the Timico ones. I do realise for some customers that doubling usage allowances doesn't necessarily compensate exactly for removing overnight unlimited usage, but for other customers it's a good thing.

But we do offer unlimited FTTC products if that helps - details here: http://www.timico.co.uk/services/managed-networks-co...

Happy to answer any other questions if I can?

Kind Regards,

--
Neil Armstrong
Timico Ltd
www.timico.co.uk
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User dheaven
(newbie) Mon 04-Apr-16 13:27:21
Print Post

[re: Neil_A] [link to this post]

Neil,

Thanks for your input and the additional explanation.

Unfortunately for me, doubling my existing monthly allowance will in no way compensate for withdrawal of the unlimited overnight usage and means I will have to find another solution.

I've followed the link that you gave to Timico's Business Broadband page - is the addition of line rental to each product (at £13/month) compulsory or could I still pay my line rental annually to British Telecom?
ISP Representative Neil_A
(isp) Tue 05-Apr-16 09:04:42
Print Post

Morning,

That page is generally for new customers where we look to sell the broadband bundled with the line rental. If you drop us an email to service@timico.co.uk we can look at what you are currently on and see if we can do a deal for you.

We generally find there's a big advantage for customers having land line and broadband with the same supplier - particularly when there is a fault as you can end up in a mess with ISP saying it's the land line at fault and then BT saying the line is fine, it's the ISP with the broadband problem. If both services are with the same supplier you only have one person to call to get things sorted.

Our price of £13 is also significantly cheaper than BT's standard line rental.

Thanks

Kind Regards,

--
Neil Armstrong
Timico Ltd
www.timico.co.uk
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
  Print Thread

Jump to