General Discussion
  >> Broadband Not-spots & slow-spots

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 25-Apr-10 21:11:50
Print Post

VFast Not Spot Expansion Plan

[link to this post]

Hello All,

We are currently planning our second generation wimax class network expansion and would very much like to hear from anyone who is in Kent and currently suffers from poor speeds. We are looking for slow areas with at least 20 dwellings in the local vacinity.

Recent areas we have enabled are seeing between 15 -30 mbit to the end users.

Please post to this thread in the first instance.

Regards
Vfast Internet
www.vfast.co.uk
Standard User pebblypuss
(newbie) Mon 26-Apr-10 10:00:22
Print Post

Re: VFast Not Spot Expansion Plan

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Hi there,

We'd be very interested. I'm in the Tudeley and 5 Oak Green area, both of which are poorly served being at the end of Tonbridge and Paddock Wood exchanges respectively. There are a number of villages nearby such as Golden Green and East Peckham that could probably do with extra speeds. I need a reliable connection for home and business use which I currently can't get over copper.

Mark.
Standard User 5km
(knowledge is power) Mon 26-Apr-10 20:17:35
Print Post

Throwley, Leaveland, Sheldwich, Stalisfield (Green) Chartham (the new part) Stockbury and Seasalter to name a few.

Iwade!? I believe you got the KCC grant for that though.

O2 Broadband Premium LLU

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User darrenorbital
(newbie) Thu 29-Apr-10 15:50:21
Print Post

[re: 5km] [link to this post]

Hello,

No unfortunately we did not win the grant for Iwade, the village chose to wait for BT and give the grant money to them. We are in negotiations regarding the Chartham estate and are awaiting permission regarding the water tower.

Stockbury is currently be surveyed, Seasalter already has coverage along with some of Throwley (Using Dunkirk Tower) , Sheldwich and Leaveland.

Regards
Darren
Standard User darrenorbital
(newbie) Thu 29-Apr-10 15:51:12
Print Post

[re: pebblypuss] [link to this post]

Thank you for your response, i will add your area to our list for site surveys.

Regards
Darren
Standard User 5km
(knowledge is power) Thu 29-Apr-10 20:24:47
Print Post

[re: darrenorbital] [link to this post]

Hi Darren

Oh I've been misinformed then. I was under the impression that Iwade was going with you. Think they must have had a quick change of mind when Sittingbourne exchange was announced for FTTC. Although Some in Iwade are not connected to Sittingbourne so will be interesting to see if they get re-routed or left out.

Good to here about the (old) water tower as a possible mast site. Been looking at that for years thinking it would be perfect (that or Chartham TV tower depending on permission/access cost).

I think the problem is that it is hard to see where you do actually cover. Would really like to see a coverage map again as opposed to list of towns/villages that have some coverage.

With wireless speeds of 15~30Mbps possible that is comparable to speeds people are likely to see if they had FTTC (infinity). Should get the Land Rover down Canterbury high street and demonstrate much like Sky keep doing there and at Morrison's.

Regards,
Tim

O2 Broadband Premium LLU
Standard User Adamant
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 17-May-10 21:36:40
Print Post

Hiya,

I believe there have been a few people in the village of Sarre contact you for service and you were unable to provide a signal.

If you're looking to be able to expand then I'd imagine this is a good place to start - even if you had to increase subs for the first x subscribers which would be brought down if more subscribed?

Adam
Sky Max LLU
Standard User pebblypuss
(newbie) Wed 19-May-10 07:43:28
Print Post

[re: pebblypuss] [link to this post]

I'd just like to add that after speaking to an openreach engineer, we're unlikely to ever see FTTC as the cabs are 3.5 km from the village. The exchange is only another 1km after that. In Tudeley we're at the end of Tonbridge exchange reach, in Five Oak Green it's at the end of Paddock Wood's, and in Golden Green at the end of Hadlow's. Not sure where Capel is fed from but if it's any of those above it'll be as bad, if not worse. What is the typical reach of the signal, assuming line of sight?
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 08-May-11 12:18:08
Print Post

[re: darrenorbital] [link to this post]

Hi there

In five oak green currently - this area would really beneift from faster broadband esp as exchanges at paddock woood and tonbridge - currently only getting 3 out of 6.5 possile speeds.
Standard User pebblypuss
(newbie) Sat 14-May-11 14:14:41
Print Post

Vfast are supposed to be operating in Tunbridge Wells and Crwoborough shortly. I've asked what their coverage area will be but don't know anything else yet. I'm in Tudeley/5 Oak Grn and I hope we can get some sort of signal though I'm not holding my breath as I can see the entire South Downs to Wrotham but am shielded from T.Wells by Castle Hill.
  Print Thread

Jump to