General Discussion
  >> Broadband Not-spots & slow-spots

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ifb_online
(newbie) Sat 26-Feb-11 20:07:54
Print Post

Finchampstead/Eversley

[link to this post]

My inlaws live on the Nine Mile Ride near Finchampstead and I believe they are quite a distance from their exchange which I think is in Eversley. The have to put up with 0.3Mbs download and 0.15Mbs upload speeds. It's a real shame. There appears to be cable laid in the pavement outside their house (there was a trench dug some time ago with covers periodically labelled 'CATV' but Virgin doesn't seem to cover their area. But there is a spark of hope as the Eversley exchange should be upgraded to fibre by the end of this year. It can't come soon enough!

Ian
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Sat 26-Feb-11 21:23:04
Print Post

Re: Finchampstead/Eversley

[re: ifb_online] [link to this post]

Yes, fibre is on it's way. Not a moment too soon, ADSL in Finchampstead sucks, big time.
Which cab are they off of ? 5, 1 or 3 ?

Standard User ifb_online
(newbie) Sat 26-Feb-11 23:33:14
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
Yes, fibre is on it's way. Not a moment too soon, ADSL in Finchampstead sucks, big time.
Which cab are they off of ? 5, 1 or 3 ?

No idea where the cab is but the house is 400 yards or so west on Nine Mile Ride from where the A321 crosses.

Ian

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Sun 27-Feb-11 16:22:01
Print Post

Ouch, that'll be cab 3 then, the [censored] end of it an' all. Just down the road is fed off of Crowthorne, and about 2k shorter.

Standard User ifb_online
(newbie) Sun 27-Feb-11 20:34:08
Print Post

Do you have any guess as to what FTTC will bring in the way of improvement to them? Am I right in thinking that there is no loss over fibre so it's just the distance from the cabinet to the house that determines the performance?

Ian
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 28-Feb-11 11:27:50
Print Post

Correct distance to the cabinet is the key

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Paul_H
(learned) Wed 09-Mar-11 23:55:38
Print Post

My son lives on Roycroft Lane. Any idea which cab he would be on and where it is so he can see what sort of speed he is likely to get?
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Thu 10-Mar-11 21:30:02
Print Post

[re: Paul_H] [link to this post]

Hmm, can't picture Roycroft, just checked on Google maps, Eversley isn't my area, but at a guess, cab 10, junction of of Gorse Ride North and Barkham Ride, (90% sure) or the cab on McCarthy Way (soz, can't remember that one's number).

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 23-Mar-11 19:04:12
Print Post

Where do you get your information from about likely broadband upgrades, please ?
I have an Eversley number and am on Nine Mile Ride 100M from Kiln Ride.
I'd love to know how to find out the upgrade schedule so I can check from time to time. Regards, Richard.
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Thu 24-Mar-11 22:18:05
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Where do you get your information from

A few years experience. wink

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to