General Discussion
  >> Broadband Not-spots & slow-spots

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | [13] | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 17-Sep-12 16:06:04
Print Post

Re: Rotherhithe (Zone 2, London)

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

Guys, I have applied the 4G trial but the person replied to me that my postcode is not covered (SE16 5XX).
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 05-Oct-12 18:54:01
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

I have seen workman today running green cable under the street along my block and up the side of my block to the roof, its also being run down the whole street, anyone know what this could be. I thought fibre optic cable but they would it go to the roof as well, maybe its 4G?
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 09-Oct-12 15:05:26
Print Post

Which street you are talking about? Rotherhithe Street or Salter Road, or something else? Thanks

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 09-Oct-12 17:41:03
Print Post

Yep, It is fibre. A fibre company were here today, It must be for 4G? Thats the only think on the roof (mobile aerials) where the cables are going, unless the telephone lines are up there as well. But I doubt someone would invest for FTTP. This is on Canon Beck Road, just off of Brunel Road after the adam and eve. The cable is being run further down Albion st towards the old library. God knows what its for?
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 11-Oct-12 10:41:31
Print Post

Hi, I was living in the blissful ignorance of "BT Infinity to be enabled at Bermondsey Exchange by December 2012" until I had a look at the BT website today and then found this thread.

I have now died a little inside.

So basically, if I live in SE16 5ES, I have no chance of getting decent internet speeds anytime in the next 1-2 years?

So aside from moving, what are my options? I'm hoping someone can lay this out for me.

Thanks!

Greg
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 11-Oct-12 11:37:28
Print Post

Hi Greg, I am in your building too. I don't think we can be saved even if BT enabled fibre at Bermondsey exchange as it's not planed to be FTTP. The only hope would be some independent company like Hyperoptic or 4G. I think we ask Steven (from our building) to sign up for Hyperoptic.

Cheers,
Kan
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 11-Oct-12 11:40:10
Print Post

Hi Kan,

I've spoken to him about this issue and it seems the decision was made some time ago to go with Sky instead of Virgin. Bad choice IMO. Globe Wharf down the street has Virgin fiber frown

I will be sure to ask him about the hyperoptic next time I see him.

Greg
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 11-Oct-12 14:26:40
Print Post

What?!! Global Wharf has Virgin Cable! I wonder what internet serice next door Hilton has? Surely they must have some sort of speccial cable.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 11-Oct-12 17:55:07
Print Post

Stephen's answer (when asked) was that it was a choice made back when they installed the hardware. Globe went with Virgin and CW went with sky...unfortunately no one at the time anticipated that Virgin would surpass sky.

Apparently it would be too expensive now to get virgin. The Hilton will be on a business service and so will have a much faster speed anyways.

Anyways...I'm still fuming that BT have pushed the upgrade in the area...again!
Standard User alesarco
(regular) Fri 12-Oct-12 08:05:23
Print Post

Are you sure Globe Wharf has Virgin Cable? How come then they cannot install it anywhere else nearby?

--------------------------
ZeNADSL 8000 Pro
Pages in this thread: << 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | [13] | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to