General Discussion
  >> Broadband Not-spots & slow-spots

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | [14] | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 12-Oct-12 09:42:47
Print Post

Re: Rotherhithe (Zone 2, London)

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Don't see any obivous and near term soloutions, unless BT upgrade us to FTTP or we sign up for Hyperoptic. Southwark council should really review situation at Rotherhithe and tap into London highspeed broadband funding. It is as pathetic as the railways in the UK, lack of investment and super low speed.
ISP Representative Hyperoptic
(isp) Fri 12-Oct-12 09:53:41
Print Post

Hi Greg

Hyperoptic is already making hyper-fast internet a reality nearby so let's see if we can help you too?

Please could you email me sunita.sharma@hyperoptic.com and I'll set the wheels in motion smile

Fingers crossed!

Sunita

Welcome to the real fibre revolution!
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
(isp) Mon 15-Oct-12 11:55:21
Print Post

[re: Hyperoptic] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Hyperoptic:
Hi Greg

Hyperoptic is already making hyper-fast internet a reality nearby so let's see if we can help you too?

Please could you email me sunita.sharma@hyperoptic.com and I'll set the wheels in motion smile

Fingers crossed!

Sunita

Thanks to everyone who has been getting in touch - looks like we're going to be very busy getting the area up to speed (see what I did there?) smile

If you are frustrated with your internet speeds, please do get in touch. Email your address and postcode to me; sunita.sharma@hyperoptic.com.

Thanks

Sunita

The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 18-Oct-12 10:56:35
Print Post

The problem is it is hard to get everyone from the same building signing up at the same time. Most people are tired to a 1 year contracts and it ends in difference times. People just renting may not want to sign if they only live temporally.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 18-Oct-12 22:54:11
Print Post

Hi, I just moved into the area, SE16 5FT, and am wondering whether anyone in the same area can recommend which internet provider to sign up with?
Thanks!
Ryo
(isp) Fri 02-Nov-12 16:38:28
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
The problem is it is hard to get everyone from the same building signing up at the same time. Most people are tired to a 1 year contracts and it ends in difference times. People just renting may not want to sign if they only live temporally.

Never a problem - it's a challenge that has a solution! If residents are not ready for service, they can have their property fitted with a faceplate so it's hyper-ready. You're under no obligation to take service (landlords like this option). Although a large percentage of residents subscribe initially (you can Hyperoptic alongside existing services), there are many who wait until the end of their existing contract before they subscribe - either way, we recognise it.

If you have a few months left at the property, you pay just £10 for each remaining month (regardless of which package you've subscribed to) of the contract.

Hope this helps

Sunita

(isp) Fri 02-Nov-12 17:34:29
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Hi, I just moved into the area, SE16 5FT, and am wondering whether anyone in the same area can recommend which internet provider to sign up with?
Thanks!
Ryo

Hey Ryo!

Welcome to the area - remember to register your interest for hyper-fast services on our website, we're rolling out in your area smile

www.hyperoptic.com

Have a good weekend

Sunita

Standard User SebbyD
(newbie) Sat 10-Nov-12 12:13:42
Print Post

Hi all,

Just had Hyperoptic installed and it's revolutionised our internet. I've been in contact for years with the more established providers and heard the same 'it's too expensive to cable your area' nonsense time and time again.

Hyperoptic have installed fibre to my home (which neither BT nor Virgin would do even if they did decide to smell the coffee in SE16) and the costs are comparable to my previous ISP - only 50x faster.

One word of caution - you're only going to get the fullest speeds if you have the right equipment (up to date hardware etc) and connect by ethernet.

I am regularly getting speeds of 80MB/s + over wifi. Register your interest with these guys, because they mean business!
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 10-Nov-12 12:39:49
Print Post

[re: SebbyD] [link to this post]

80 Mega Bytes/sec over wifi?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User SebbyD
(newbie) Sat 10-Nov-12 23:20:23
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Depending on where I am in the flat, yes. 45MB/s at the moment - but upload rate is over 100.
Pages in this thread: << 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | [14] | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to