General Discussion
  >> Broadband Not-spots & slow-spots

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | [15] | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Jinnix
(newbie) Wed 14-Nov-12 17:03:47
Print Post

Re:

[re: gavsdavs] [link to this post]

I live at SE16 5HD area, the speed I am getting is around 1~1.5mbps, which the effective download speed is like around 100kb/s, which is a joke. I hope it can be sorted out soon. Complaint to BT, virgin, even southwark council, no one seems to give a F
Standard User Jinnix
(newbie) Wed 14-Nov-12 17:04:43
Print Post

Re: Rotherhithe (Zone 2, London)

[re: Hyperoptic] [link to this post]

I have emailed to you, people at Trinity Wharf shows strong interets, please gives us more info
ISP Representative Hyperoptic
(isp) Thu 22-Nov-12 06:59:12
Print Post

[re: Jinnix] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Jinnix:
I have emailed to you, people at Trinity Wharf shows strong interets, please gives us more info

Hey Jinnix!

If you have yet to register interest, please do so as updates will be communicated to residents via email - we're working to make it happen for you.

Best wishes

Sunita

Welcome to the real fibre revolution!
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Milo007
(newbie) Tue 01-Jan-13 16:30:42
Print Post

[re: SebbyD] [link to this post]

Hi SebbyD,

Which residential block are you in on the Rotherhithe Street? I am in Princes Riverside and don't think we have fibre optic connected at the moment.

I am using a 1 year old Macbook, is this the right type of equipment for me to enjoy the full benefit of the superfast broadband?

Thank you.
Standard User JCK
(newbie) Thu 03-Jan-13 16:05:34
Print Post

[re: Milo007] [link to this post]

Hello All
I just found this forum and can see there must be an issue!
I am moving to the area next week, to the Somerville Point apartments on Rotherhithe St, Postcode SE16 5EQ.
With fairly basic knowledge of broadband speeds can someone tell me what should I do to get a decent internet connection or it is just out of the question at the moment?
I haven't igned up to any provider yet.
Many thanks
JCK
Standard User KirkB
(newbie) Sun 06-Jan-13 15:59:24
Print Post

[re: gavsdavs] [link to this post]

A private fibre install, such as with Hyperoptic, is a wonderful idea, but they quoted our property management company £20,000+ to do the basic install. Which leaseholders' representatives would be able to justify such eye-watering incursions in to their yearly budgets?

Unless companies like Hyperoptic can find innovative ways to address this sting in the tail, it will remain an unrealistic option for most blocks.

I shudder to think when an Infinity service will be viable for the blocks on the river side of Rotherhithe Street.
ISP Representative Hyperoptic
(isp) Wed 09-Jan-13 17:38:06
Print Post

[re: KirkB] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by KirkB:
A private fibre install, such as with Hyperoptic, is a wonderful idea, but they quoted our property management company £20,000+ to do the basic install. Which leaseholders' representatives would be able to justify such eye-watering incursions in to their yearly budgets?

Unless companies like Hyperoptic can find innovative ways to address this sting in the tail, it will remain an unrealistic option for most blocks.

I shudder to think when an Infinity service will be viable for the blocks on the river side of Rotherhithe Street.

Greetings KirkB!

Thank you for your post - the great news is that many buildings have already opted to have Hyperoptic installed. With well over 10,000 homes benefiting from our fibre optic infrastructure, you can be assured that the service offered by Hyperoptic is an affordable investment.

As we install a completely new fibre infrastructure into developments, we need to ensure the buildings are of the right size to make sure the costs are kept to a minimum - hence why we focus on multi-unit sites (200+). I'd like to know more about your building so please get in touch and let me see how I can help you make hyper-fast internet a reality for you? You can email sunita.sharma@hyperoptic.com

Where there's demand, there's a way of making hyper-fast dreams come true.

Best wishes

Sunita

Welcome to the real fibre revolution!
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User alesarco
(regular) Fri 11-Jan-13 00:21:24
Print Post

[re: JCK] [link to this post]

Hi JCK, welcome to internet hell!
There's not much you can do regarding internet in this area. I believe I'm one of the few privileged that can achieve 2Mb, and this only after I disconnected all my phones (so in practice I don't have a landline anymore; I'm paying BT £3 something to forward my calls to my mobile).

My ISP is Zen, and even though the connection is rock solid, it's still very slow, and very expensive for what I get, but I'm afraid of changing it in case I get something worse.

--------------------------
ZeNADSL 8000 Pro
Standard User thinkpeter
(newbie) Fri 11-Jan-13 08:54:43
Print Post

[re: alesarco] [link to this post]

I'm also moving to the area (from Devon Mansions on Tooley Street), any ideas when I can expect fibre and who with?

The post code is SE16 4TT - Angel Wharf, Bermondsey Wall East

I've got this from that leaked PCP to Postcode report, but can't make much sense from it as a text doc.

CLBER,BERMONDSEY,SE164TT,{CLBER}{p1},0,20.45,4.59,7b,Yes,FTTP

Very sad to be leaving my 20Mb Virgin Fibre Connection here frown

Thanks,

Pete
Standard User SebbyD
(newbie) Fri 11-Jan-13 13:02:17
Print Post

[re: Milo007] [link to this post]

Hi Milo

Am in the Water Gardens - they installed at the end of last year.

Absolutely - 1 year old Macbook will most definitely work (mine is a good few years old).
Pages in this thread: << 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | [15] | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to