General Discussion
  >> Broadband Not-spots & slow-spots

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | [16] | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Fri 11-Jan-13 18:25:33
Print Post

Re: Rotherhithe (Zone 2, London)

[re: thinkpeter] [link to this post]

Basically the December 2011 spreadsheet says that your postcode is on cabinet P1 on the BERMONDSEY exchange and it was planned to have FTTP in phase 7a, we are now into phase 10 roughly across the country.
I put your postcode into the postcode checker and it has come back with this- basically FTTP has been dropped and FTTC will be installed.

Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 31st December 2013. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 62.7 Mbps and upstream line speed of 20 Mbps.

Since the date is not till the end of 2013, it could be sooner or later, Asdl+2 is your best option as VM is not avalaible, you will get about 7-8Mbps download which is pretty good though this will need to be confirmed with a BT phone number.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User Francescoboz
(newbie) Tue 22-Jan-13 20:44:54
Print Post

[re: SebbyD] [link to this post]

Hi Sebby

I will move to water gardens( channel house) in a few days , and I have been told by Virgin media that there is no optic fibre in my flat and there are no plans currently to install it.

Are you saying that they installed fibre optic in all water gardens last year, or I have misunderstood something?

Your answer would be really helpful as I am currently trying to decide which Internet provider to choose : )

Thanks

Francesco
Standard User Francescoboz
(newbie) Tue 22-Jan-13 20:56:22
Print Post

[re: Francescoboz] [link to this post]

Apologies, I just read about hyperoptic in previous posts... Sounds good, hopefully it covers my address too!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative Hyperoptic
(isp) Wed 23-Jan-13 17:18:31
Print Post

Hello Francesco

I believe there are a few developments called Water Gardens so the best thing to do is to input your postcode into our availability checker via the Hyperoptic website smile

Sunita

Welcome to the real fibre revolution!
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User finland
(newbie) Wed 23-Jan-13 21:57:02
Print Post

[re: OC3D_Mul] [link to this post]

Been following this thread for a while, and thought I'd chip in.

Firstly, in rollout schedules I can find today, it looks like Bermondsey is now due for fibre in Jun 13. Is that a change, or am I viewing old schedules?

Secondly, my flat (on Finland st.) used to get 2mb but when I followed guides for improving broadband speed by checking filters and snipping the bell wire, it increased to 4.7mb. It's not much, but for me it was the difference between streaming sd and hd. Curious how many other people have tried checking the quality of their lines past the master socket (which bt won't fix) ?
Standard User Hodgy007
(newbie) Sat 26-Jan-13 23:44:59
Print Post

Don't count on hyperoptic, I live in Sovereign Crescent and was told by the sales agent that they had a site survey booked. After weeks gone by I tried to contact them and got absolutely no response from them at all including Sunita on this thread, I wouldn't be surprised if they are about to fold as they don't seem to be a reputable firm. Roll on FTCC in June as I can't take much more of this broadband poverty.
ISP Representative Hyperoptic
(isp) Mon 28-Jan-13 13:12:44
Print Post

[re: Hodgy007] [link to this post]

Hi Hodgy007

I am sorry that you have not had a response to date however I am pleased to inform you that a survey was carried via your property manager towards the end of last year and we are still in discussions with your property manager regarding the potential delivery of service to your development. Fingers crossed we'll make further progress soon.

For further updates, please do email me directly to ensure you receive a response sunita.sharma@hyperoptic.com

Best wishes

Sunita

Welcome to the real fibre revolution!
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User MikeLondon
(newbie) Sat 16-Feb-13 19:38:58
Print Post

[re: OC3D_Mul] [link to this post]

Just about to move back into the area, SE16 7TD and looks like I'm going to be suffering from these issues. No idea of phone number yet or even if one is connected but not expecting much from the checker. 2-4 meg seems likely. Think I'll be going with Be on a 3 month contract for now and then see what happens with Fibre down the road/line (no pun intended). I used to have fun manually adjusting settings on a Speedtouch to obtain the most out of the line on bulldog llu, looks like I can expect more fun just to obtain anything usable. Anyone have any experience with line speeds on that postcode? Also hoping 4g might offer an alternative soon.

CLBER BERMONDSEY SE167TD {CLBER}{M_A} 1 98%

Thanks.

Mike
Standard User MCM
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 16-Feb-13 23:13:47
Print Post

[re: MikeLondon] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MikeLondon:
CLBER BERMONDSEY SE167TD {CLBER}{M_A} 1 98%
No FTTC even when BT eventually enable the Bermondsey exchange as most lines at that post code are Exchange Only. I'm in much the same position over on Vauxhall exchange. I hope that BT will evetually get around to helping those on EO lines, especially those of some length, as otherwise we're going to miss out on fast broadband. To date we've been told that BT will/may do "something" for EO lines once they've finished their main commercial roll-out but what that might be and at what cost we have yet to be told.
Standard User Keziarose
(newbie) Sat 23-Mar-13 18:25:34
Print Post

[re: MikeLondon] [link to this post]

Hello everyone!

I'm currently living in SE16 4-- and have pretty speedy internet although it randomly drops out for no reason at the weekend (grrr Virgin)
Anyway, we're moving to SE16 6-- and I'm looking into choosing Plusnet.
Anyone used them around the area?
Can't believe just down the road speeds are tripled, ridiculous!
Pages in this thread: << 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | [16] | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to