General Discussion
  >> Broadband Not-spots & slow-spots

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | [19] | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | (show all)   Print Thread
ISP Representative Hyperoptic
(isp) Wed 11-Dec-13 18:01:06
Print Post

Re: Rotherhithe (Zone 2, London)

[re: Jinnix] [link to this post]

Great news! Hyperoptic is coming to Trinity Wharf!

Residents - please register your interest via our website (if you haven't already) so we can get in touch to keep you updated smile

Best wishes

Sunita
Head of Marketing
Hyperoptic

Welcome to the real fibre revolution!
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User marmite0
(newbie) Thu 06-Mar-14 13:49:33
Print Post

[re: Hyperoptic] [link to this post]

It's been "coming" to Trinity Wharf for months now..
Your post was tail end of 2013, It is now Q2 of 2014 - what is stalling work beginning ?
ISP Representative Hyperoptic
(isp) Thu 06-Mar-14 14:12:45
Print Post

[re: marmite0] [link to this post]

Hello

I will need to look into this in a bit more detail - can you please drop me an email to sunita.sharma(at)hyperoptic.com?

Thank you

Sunita
Head of Marketing

Welcome to the real fibre revolution!
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zoenolan
(newbie) Tue 03-Jun-14 10:12:24
Print Post

[re: BoredOctopus] [link to this post]

Rotherhithe Broadband Campaign announced their blueprint last night. Seems the plan is to set up a community ISP providing FTTH.

http://energise16.co.uk/broadband-blueprint

They are still light on details but nice to see something happening
Standard User ChrisA2107
(newbie) Thu 05-Jun-14 14:20:30
Print Post

[re: zoenolan] [link to this post]

I have seen several news articles about a service called Relish which launched yesterday, supposedly covering Southwark: https://www1.relish.net/athome

It all sounds very good, until I typed in my post code and apparently they donít cover my bit of Rotherhithe, but for some of you this may work and for others, if you go to their site and vote for this area to be covered it might help.

Either way, this might be a potential alternative to BT or Virgin in the future.
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Thu 05-Jun-14 16:39:07
Print Post

[re: ChrisA2107] [link to this post]

They must have oddles of cash to offer unlimited 4G for that price.. After all EE can't do it and they own the infrastructure...
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 05-Jun-14 16:43:07
Print Post

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

NOTE: This is fixed wireless 4G, so slightly different to mobile 4G, and in London fibre availability and price for backhaul or microwave links across roof tops should be cheap.

Notice how the mobile add-ons all come with usage limits.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Aliturk
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 06-Jun-14 06:51:34
Print Post

[re: zoenolan] [link to this post]

Someone told me that BT were doing a test exercise at Rainbow Quay and Lock Keepers Heights to reassess the costs of bringing fibre broadband to Rotherhithe. Note these are apartment blocks and I think what BT are really doing is seeing how much it'll cost to snuff out the competition - in this case Hyperoptic. It's still of no help for those who live in houses.

Luckily for me, our freeholder has just given permission for Hyperoptic to do an installation in our block so hopefully won't have to wait too long for decent speeds.
Standard User Fastman2
(regular) Sat 21-Jun-14 19:31:41
Print Post

[re: Aliturk] [link to this post]

most of rotherhither bermondsey is EO so a aparment bblock on EO is thet same a group of houses EO when you look at FTTC
Standard User Aliturk
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 24-Jun-14 15:14:55
Print Post

[re: Fastman2] [link to this post]

Yes I know, but BT seem only to be interested in experimenting in a solution for apartment blocks in this area.
Pages in this thread: << 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | [19] | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to