General Discussion
  >> Broadband Not-spots & slow-spots

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | [24] | 25 | 26 | 27 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User hvis42
(newbie) Thu 22-Dec-16 14:03:07
Print Post

Re: Rotherhithe (Zone 2, London)

[re: gavsdavs] [link to this post]

We are a freehold, which means there is one obstacle less as we can make our own decisions.

Still, I would welcome a change in legislation making broadband equal to gas, water and electricity, removing the greedy freeholder or landlord element from the equation. I don't see the added value to anyone else but them in the current setup. Things are challenging enough without the freeholder complication in London as a significant portion of residents are tenants with little interest to invest into anything, and buy to let landlords whose motivation to pay for upgrades that do not allow increase in rent is equally minuscule.

Maybe 2017 brings in some good news.
Standard User gavsdavs
(experienced) Thu 22-Dec-16 21:04:18
Print Post

[re: hvis42] [link to this post]

This looks useful, I hadnt seen it before.

https://www.telecom-tariffs.co.uk/codelook.htm?xid=9...
Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Fri 23-Dec-16 00:12:15
Print Post

Codelook links don't work for someone else. It makes use of cookie contents as well as the URL.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User alloneword
(member) Fri 23-Dec-16 14:43:17
Print Post

[re: hvis42] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by hvis42:
They seem still determined to ignore the riverside of Rotherhithe Street. It is a long chain of 1.5-4Mb/s connections, all of them EO.
That is why i have given up !!!! BT/Virgin can't be othered and Hyperoptic will only entertain large blocks, I even made a suggestion to them about something and still nothing, so i'm sorry guys but we have to take the bulls by the horns and deal with it ourself and for me that is investing in some new hardware at a cost of about £150 this includes the router to take the 4g sim card, outdoor antenna, mast/brackets, cable, new drill bits the whole kit for sub £150 i will be able to get unlimited downloads at about 20+mbits, it's the only way to go for us poor mugs who are getting shafted, pluus i'm able to get rid of bt line as well so more saving that way

At least something is happening, albeit slowly.
very slowly and as you say only for the select few, i'm sure i also read on SE16 Broadband a while that each cabinet will only take a set number of lines, so given i presume there will be a rush for the service don't be surprised if they run out before some folks even knew they could get a decent speed increase, just a nightmare, and in the meantime, the highlands and islands of scotland get a better deal they we do. it's always outlying area what about poor muppets in London?

All1
Standard User Fastman2
(experienced) Fri 23-Dec-16 17:44:48
Print Post

[re: alloneword] [link to this post]

have you checked openreach where and when recently ?
Standard User gavsdavs
(experienced) Fri 23-Dec-16 18:15:51
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

This is as I was sent it (so i have not mangled it or copied it out of my browser)

just put your own number in
Standard User gavsdavs
(experienced) Fri 23-Dec-16 18:21:59
Print Post

[re: alloneword] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by alloneword:
They seem still determined to ignore the riverside of Rotherhithe Street. It is a long chain of 1.5-4Mb/s connections, all of them EO.
That is why i have given up !!!! BT/Virgin can't be othered and Hyperoptic will only entertain large blocks, I even made a suggestion to them about something and still nothing, so i'm sorry guys but we have to take the bulls by the horns and deal with it ourself and for me that is investing in some new hardware at a cost of about £150 this includes the router to take the 4g sim card, outdoor antenna, mast/brackets, cable, new drill bits the whole kit for sub £150 i will be able to get unlimited downloads at about 20+mbits, it's the only way to go for us poor mugs who are getting shafted, pluus i'm able to get rid of bt line as well so more saving that way

At least something is happening, albeit slowly.
very slowly and as you say only for the select few, i'm sure i also read on SE16 Broadband a while that each cabinet will only take a set number of lines, so given i presume there will be a rush for the service don't be surprised if they run out before some folks even knew they could get a decent speed increase, just a nightmare, and in the meantime, the highlands and islands of scotland get a better deal they we do. it's always outlying area what about poor muppets in London?

All1

The way you write it sounds like you truly believe BT are dellberately singling you out to avoid you.

I do not know your postcode so i have no idea if there have been new works near you.

There have been lots of new cabinets put up in recent months, I don't think they're finished yet.

Try not to tell yourself they're avoiding you on purpose.......
Standard User alloneword
(member) Fri 23-Dec-16 19:02:38
Print Post

In reply to a post by gavsdavs:
The way you write it sounds like you truly believe BT are dellberately singling you out to avoid you.

I do not know your postcode so i have no idea if there have been new works near you.

There have been lots of new cabinets put up in recent months, I don't think they're finished yet.

Try not to tell yourself they're avoiding you on purpose.......

Singling me out personally i doubt it but from looking at maps etc it does seems like riverside stuff is getting left behind and given NOTHING is planned for my local spot according to everything i read it will be AT LEAST 12 months before i get anything so given this thread was started in 2011 i think most of us have had enough

All1
Standard User alloneword
(member) Fri 23-Dec-16 19:06:05
Print Post

[re: Fastman2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Fastman2:
have you checked openreach where and when recently ?

LOL yes page is uselss

We're working with government and industry to explore ways to bring Superfast fibre to as many people as possible but don't have a plan for your area yet

In a nutshell, get ready for 3mibit for a damm long timeeeeee or no plans whatsoever

All1
Standard User alloneword
(member) Fri 23-Dec-16 19:11:27
Print Post

In reply to a post by gavsdavs:
This is as I was sent it (so i have not mangled it or copied it out of my browser)

just put your own number in

Not to sure how to use that tool but putting in postcode says ADSL2+ & "Fibre Not Available"
Pages in this thread: << 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | [24] | 25 | 26 | 27 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to