General Discussion
  >> Broadband Not-spots & slow-spots

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | [28] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User hvis42
(regular) Mon 18-Sep-17 09:53:25
Print Post

Re: Rotherhithe (Zone 2, London)

[re: mmb] [link to this post]

They have also installed fibre to my building (only 8 flats), when they cabled the much larger building next door. Our fibre goes there and from there wherever it goes. That was two months ago but they have not done the local cabling yet so the service is not live. This will probably be a way for them to do smaller buildings if there is a large one in the vicinity.
Standard User hvis42
(regular) Fri 27-Oct-17 16:12:56
Print Post

Re: Rotherhithe (Zone 2, London) Update

[re: hvis42] [link to this post]

This seems to have appeared to Southwark Council's agenda.

http://moderngov.southwark.gov.uk/documents/s71627/R...

Not sure what this means, though. The suspicious thing is reliance on Relish. If the presence of Relish does not poison access to government funds they plan to spend on future FTTP projects, then by all means fine, but if the area will be marked as "done" with just increased Relish presence and no funding will be available to actually bring in fibre, then everyone will be just a bit less left behind, and the fundamental problem of lack of fibre infrastructure still prevails.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 27-Oct-17 16:35:51
Print Post

Clearly am in the wrong job if they are going to pay someone to project manage a salary of £60k and a further £75k on external consultants

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User alloneword
(member) Sun 29-Oct-17 01:42:18
Print Post

Problem i have with Reliah is they have an unlimited download service yep have just put in a fair use policy, which is all fine yet they fail to tell you what figure is too much bandwidth, i live in a 3-4 mbit max area but have been able to get Relish with External antenna etc but it's a nightmare, so although you may get decent speed you will scared to use it otherwise if you use too much data u will get kicked off back to some 3-4mbit option.

All1
Standard User hvis42
(regular) Mon 30-Oct-17 11:12:53
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

£60k is not the person's salary I would assume. It is their budgetary cost, which is the total cost of employment. It includes salary, national insurance contributions, equipment, training, benefits and so on. £40-45k is the salary component. It is nothing to write home about in London, and IT project managers can expect much more than that.
Standard User alloneword
(member) Fri 15-Dec-17 00:58:59
Print Post

Hyperoptic now not just doing large blocks of flats

[re: OC3D_Mul] [link to this post]

Good news for some folk in the downtown part of the world (Hyperoptic [HO] say Greenland Dock area), got a letter today saying they plan a rapid expansion in this area, having played with their website i know my area only needs 12 more people to go live but given 95% of the cableing has been done, no idea why they are waiting given this area is being given FTTP by OR right now, i'd offer it now and grab customers before they sign up to FTP ISP, but hey ho what do i know, so at least something is coming to this neck of the woods.

Oh yea Relish is also coming as well but beware their customer service is worse then sky's
Pages in this thread: << 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | [28] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to