General Discussion
  >> Broadband Not-spots & slow-spots

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 22-Nov-11 14:28:05
Print Post

Re: Rotherhithe (Zone 2, London)

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Been living in Rotherhithe for 2 years so far, same story, max 1.5 MB/S, normally 1.3 to 1.4. Such a shame so close to central London yet so far away in terms of investment. Even cable company is not interested in here (sure if they did they will get most of the business there).
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 25-Nov-11 22:45:55
Print Post

Re: Rotherhithe (Zone 2, London) *DELETED*

Post deleted by MrSaffron
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 26-Nov-11 14:05:16
Print Post

Re: Rotherhithe (Zone 2, London) *DELETED*

Our forums already promote various ways for people to improve ADSL speeds, and as such your post rates as spam.

If registered and and actually helping people, rather than 100% promotion of your own product it would have survived.

From what I saw the website appeared to be a Pressac consumer supply website, and is the first I've seen to other the
http://www.slowinternet.co.uk/premium-centralised-fi...
which slips in like like i-Plate and offers an ADSL/VDSL socket.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User homerhv78
(newbie) Sun 04-Dec-11 12:45:41
Print Post

[re: OC3D_Mul] [link to this post]

Hi all,

Been living for 3 yrs in the area in different locations and never been better than 3mbps. Now I live near the farm and I get 2.25mbps plugging the modem directly into the master socket (FYI it gave me and extra 1mbps so it's worth the effort).

There is currently a site with news about Canada Water area (http://www.canadawater.org/), specifically about development of the area. I have emailed asking what the plans for broadband are, as increased population will kill our speeds, awaiting reply. I definitely think we should draft a model of a letter and post it to our MPs, one for each of us and ask a friend / member living in the area to do the same. I am sure there are models somewhere on the internet, just haven't had the time to search for them.

I think we can make the difference, otherwise we will always get the reply such as the one to Alex from Virgin "It is too expensive to give you that bla bla bla"

Hope we can make the difference with this!

Mariano
Standard User OC3D_Mul
(newbie) Sun 04-Dec-11 15:22:43
Print Post

[re: homerhv78] [link to this post]

Hi there,

Glad to see someone bumping this thread to the top again. smile

I am still infuriated by the broadband situation.

The residents of Canada Water face two problems

1) The Bermondsey FTTC Upgrade - This has been postponed three times now and is currently scheduled for December 2012

2) The deployment of FTTC cabinets. Even once Bermondsey has been upgraded, there is no guarantee that your street cabinet will be retrofitted.

While we stand next to no chance of preponing the Bermondsey upgrade, I do feel that our voices can control the cabinet upgrades.

The punch line of this awful joke is that I don't even care that much about speed any more. It is the level of stability that I find completely unacceptable.

A friend told me that the apartments at Maple Quays near the tube station have FTTP. If this can be confirmed, it shows that bringing fibre to the area isn't such a tall order.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 06-Dec-11 10:50:08
Print Post

[re: OC3D_Mul] [link to this post]

Register interest at Hyperoptic

https://www.hyperoptic.com/web/guest/availability-check

The more interest we as consumers raise, the more likely they are to be able to push Openreach back to March 2012 to enable the Bermondsey exchange and cabinets around the area...

Also just like the save the Greenland Quay fliers going around... need people to be made aware of their below standard broadband speeds and asked to register interest and possibly sign a online petition to BT/Virgin/Hyperoptic.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 06-Dec-11 11:08:37
Print Post

My bad... Hyperoptic don't use the exchange/cabinets, their services are FTTH!

Still would need people to be made aware and possibly get a petition signed / interest shown to these companies...
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 06-Dec-11 22:57:45
Print Post

The hyperoptic model would work best for apartment blocks, so ensure the landlord is on board too. The incentive here is that if his/her block has this service, it is more likely to attract tennants in a competitive market

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 07-Dec-11 16:32:13
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Yep... it does seem that Hyperoptic are more spesifically targetting multi tenant apartment blocks/new developments rather than stand alone properties. Perhaps in a few months time they would consider stand alone houses too... I would love a 1 gig connection! laugh

Our best bet I guess is to get some sort of an petition going which we can send to BT/Virgin and hopefully get a positive response.
Standard User alesarco
(learned) Thu 08-Dec-11 03:54:51
Print Post

I just registered with Hyperoptic. Next week I'm going to put some flyers on the notice boards in these blocks, trying to encourage everyone to register as well.
Hopefully it will caught their attention.

Alex.

--------------------------
ZeNADSL 8000 Pro
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to