General Discussion
  >> Broadband Not-spots & slow-spots

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 08-Dec-11 16:40:49
Print Post

Re: Rotherhithe (Zone 2, London)

[re: alesarco] [link to this post]

Helloooooooooooooo from Hyperoptic!

Alex - so good to hear you've registered, please do give us a call and we'll do our best to help support you - let's start a revolution!

Kind regards

Hyperoptic
Standard User New_Londoner
(member) Fri 09-Dec-11 18:00:46
Print Post

[re: homerhv78] [link to this post]

If you live in an apartment block register here - if enough people do it should see the same FTTP service being made available in Rotherhithe that's currently being put into the Isle of Dogs.

---

All opinions expressed by me are my own

BT Infinity
Speedtest result (excluding 2Mbps for BT Vision)
Standard User alesarco
(learned) Thu 15-Dec-11 21:33:41
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Good news!
I've got a mail from someone at Hyperoptic, telling me that my postcode is one that they have considered in their sales meetings. So everyone in postcode SE16 5xx (I think that's mostly Rotherhithe Street), please register your interest with them, I'm going to send a letter to all my neighbours in the block suggesting them they register too.

--------------------------
ZeNADSL 8000 Pro

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 16-Dec-11 09:53:24
Print Post

[re: alesarco] [link to this post]

That's Fab! I'm also SE16 5XX. Already registered on the website, my buidling has over 40 flats. I wonder what's the initial installation cost to bring fibre optical directly to the buidling. But a protential probelm is that the buidling is listed.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 16-Dec-11 10:15:52
Print Post

If the building already has some ducting infrastructure for services it would sway them a lot.

Listed status per se need not be a problem, but only if something like above was available.

Fibre can run in the same duct in a property as power/gas line and this is how it goes up and down the country, following those major routes.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User New_Londoner
(member) Fri 16-Dec-11 11:33:19
Print Post

Why would there be charges? I'm not sure Openreach are charging for installation into buildings on the Isle of Dogs. .

---

All opinions expressed by me are my own

BT Infinity
Speedtest result (excluding 2Mbps for BT Vision)
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 16-Dec-11 12:04:32
Print Post

[re: New_Londoner] [link to this post]

Different companies, different economical plans.

BT Group has a tendency to do a small amount of new deployment at very low cost, as trial work to learn how long it takes them to do the work in real situations, and then figure out what subsequent costs would be.

Or put another way, how much to charge each resident in a block for the initial activation when they sign up to a service. In theory a landlord could underwrite, as a way to ensure every flat has the fibre termination kit installed and thus create an added value feature.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 03-Jan-12 14:26:40
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Looks like my postcode isn't part of the trial... (SE16 5RH)
Chances are I'll have moved by the time FTTC eventually gets here (Dec 2012)

T
Standard User muqiunet
(newbie) Wed 25-Jan-12 11:58:53
Print Post

I have been waiting for a company to enable us, the forgotten ones living on the Rotherhithe Street, to high speed broadband. So glad to hear Hyperoptic is actually considering us as a potential target. My postcode is SE16 5RG, and I am just wondering what is the condition Hyperoptic requires before they can consider setting us up?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 25-Jan-12 12:43:18
Print Post

[re: muqiunet] [link to this post]

As a guide they are looking for blocks of flats where landlord is co-operative and most residents want the service.
A little leg work from you, could gather names and interest, maybe even sound out landlord.

There is a specific Hyperoptic section now on the site, but best to send an email to them.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to