General Discussion
  >> Broadband Not-spots & slow-spots

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User alesarco
(learned) Thu 26-Jan-12 09:48:07
Print Post

Re: Rotherhithe (Zone 2, London)

[re: muqiunet] [link to this post]

muqiunet, if you live in a block of flats, try to get your neighbours interested, I did a small campaign here and Hyperoptic is at the stage of presenting a proposal to the management to see if the go ahead with an installation.

--------------------------
ZeNADSL 8000 Pro
Standard User New_Londoner
(member) Thu 26-Jan-12 22:15:30
Print Post

[re: muqiunet] [link to this post]

Take a look at the news story http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/i/4996.html about FTTP to apartments, which might be helpful.

---

All opinions expressed by me are my own

BT Infinity
Speedtest result (excluding 2Mbps for BT Vision)
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 31-Jan-12 21:22:30
Print Post

[re: New_Londoner] [link to this post]

SE16 6XX here.

Been getting 3.0 mb quite reguarly. But not able to watch iplayer or youtube 'on the fly'.

In the last few days has anyone noticed it has got considerably worse? My O2 connection with Belkin router will barely connect when hard-wired and if you're thinking wi-fi forget it.

Show me the petitions.

Ta
Steve

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User giulianogibi
(newbie) Sat 04-Feb-12 16:44:10
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Guys!
Giuliano here, SE16 5HT BT of course.
Line never went above 2.5Mb, which sucks!
Is there a petition to sign so? Updates?

-- get the funk out --
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 11-Feb-12 12:19:38
Print Post

[re: giulianogibi] [link to this post]

SE16 5QT - IP Profile is usually 750kbps, sometimes just 500kbps.

Jens.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 13-Feb-12 19:55:21
Print Post

@ Jens

That really doesn't sound right... I'm just around the corner from you and get 4,000+ sync (currently 4,185 which equates to a 3.6Mb IP profile)
You might not be able to get FTTC yet, but that doesn't mean you should settle for speeds like that! Get in touch with your ISP asap!
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 20-Feb-12 15:20:34
Print Post

I work for a company at the City Business Centre near the tunnel in Rotherhithe. We have a BT Business connection.
Down is at 8mbs, up below 1.
http://www.speedtest.net/wave/017762ef3144921e

We also were told that a local BT hub is due an upgrade and that speed should improve. This was due in December 2011. Nothing happened since.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 29-Feb-12 14:11:32
Print Post

Has any tried Three 3G tethering in Rotherhithe, what is the speed like in doors? I bet still much higher than landline broadband offer here.
Standard User OC3D_Mul
(newbie) Mon 12-Mar-12 19:13:36
Print Post

I have indeed.

In the Canada Water area I get anywhere between 1.5mbps (middle floor, away from windows) and 4.8mbps (top floor with modem strapped to a skylight) - thats using a 21.6mbps ready 3G Huawei device.

It is better than my ADSL connection but the latencies are higher.

I'm pretty much on the verge of accepting a smaller property elsewhere in an area with fibre. It sounds terrible, but the internet connection here is simply unacceptable and after 20 months, I'm at the end of my tether.

I work with production systems at a large firm and need to remote access into work out of hours. Sometimes that is too difficult over here..!

Edited by OC3D_Mul (Mon 12-Mar-12 19:14:27)

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 22-Mar-12 00:05:59
Print Post

[re: OC3D_Mul] [link to this post]

Hi all, I live in SE16 6xx and I just wanted to say that, while the speeds here are quite low, they are not necessarily as bad as some of you seem to be getting. I am on BE, my connection sits at 5mbps and is actually very stable. Please don't settle for what you are getting now and contact your ISPs because there is a reasonable chance that you could get some improvements.

Also, someone mentioned FTTH at Maple Quays, can anyone confirm?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to