General Discussion
  >> Broadband Not-spots & slow-spots

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 30-Mar-12 13:15:57
Print Post

Re: Rotherhithe (Zone 2, London)

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Just check the BT www.openreach.co.uk/future_exchanges web site and it now states BERMONDSEY FTTC Calendar Year 2013
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 02-Apr-12 09:35:02
Print Post

What! London is government broadband boost, Rotherhithe is gonna be in internet speed poverty for longer. What a great divide!
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 05-Apr-12 14:08:25
Print Post

Has anyone tried internet dongles or satellite broadband like Tooway and are able to report on performance? I am moving very soon close to Russian Dock woodlands and was wondering about the internet speed there.
It seems like Sky, BT and Virgin are not doing a very good job so I was wondering if the dongles or satellite broadband would do a better job?

Thanks

Barbara

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 06-Apr-12 18:35:39
Print Post

I'm in SE167xx, over the years I have tried a number of service providers, on the BT network and the maximum download speed was about 2.5mbps. But, then I got a new line with 'Bulldog' (fully unbundled), using the C&W network and my ADSL speed jumped to 4.5 mbps. I am still with Bulldog/ HomeTelecom, but now I am on the C&W ADSL2+ and my connection speeds are: 8574 kbps (down ) / 1016 kbps (up) and the line is very stable.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 24-Apr-12 08:56:41
Print Post

BT are a bunch of cowboy scumbags leaving the Bermondsey,Southwark,Stepney Green areas in absolute Broadband poverty, I only hope another company will see the massive gap in service and beat BT to it.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 24-Apr-12 10:39:27
Print Post

Perhaps they are not unduly favouring London and the patchy nature of FTTC/P are reflected in London too

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 25-Apr-12 09:11:30
Print Post

Guys, do not forget HyperOptic. They are collecting requests from customers in the area and prioritising 'who-comes-first'. Let's register our interest on their website and we'll have a chance of flying at 1GB on fiber optics!!
Standard User OC3D_Mul
(newbie) Sat 28-Apr-12 15:21:30
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Hi all, I live in SE16 6xx and I just wanted to say that, while the speeds here are quite low, they are not necessarily as bad as some of you seem to be getting. I am on BE, my connection sits at 5mbps and is actually very stable. Please don't settle for what you are getting now and contact your ISPs because there is a reasonable chance that you could get some improvements.

Also, someone mentioned FTTH at Maple Quays, can anyone confirm?

Its interesting you should mention this. Also in SE16 6xx and my speeds are less than half of this

We have already contacted O2 a number of times over drop outs and low speeds but nothing has changed. We have also tried a number of different modem routers.

This leaves me with only one option but to try another ADSL provider. However with our let ending in July, we may just move.

I have also tried the 3 network with a MIFI device. I don't feel that it is noticeably better and is at times slower.

Satellite broadband is out of the question for us as our landlord is not willing to have anything fitted to the exterior of the property - its also very expensive

The fibre provider mentioned above sounds brilliant, though by the looks of it, only of use to people in apartments?

Edit - yes, Maple Quays is fibre equipped smile

Edited by OC3D_Mul (Sat 28-Apr-12 15:22:36)

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 25-May-12 11:04:15
Print Post

Hi guys, I have created an e-petition for faster broadband in Rotherhithe, please sign it and hopefully we can push things to happen sooner than later.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/34165

Cheers,
Kan
Standard User New_Londoner
(member) Fri 25-May-12 17:48:18
Print Post

@Kan, all
If you live in an apartment block register here - if enough people do it should see the same FTTP service being made available in Rotherhithe that's currently being put into the Isle of Dogs.

---

All opinions expressed by me are my own

BT Infinity
Speedtest result (excluding 2Mbps for BT Vision)
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to