General Discussion
  >> Broadband Not-spots & slow-spots

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 29-May-12 21:12:26
Print Post

Re: Rotherhithe (Zone 2, London)

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

LOL, please, I'd like to know were exactly I gave this impression, since I never 'moaned' (please avoid using words like these, that can be disrespectful not only to me but to anyone in this forum). I just wrote a few post bringing the attention to a couple of ISP that could potentially offer a not-so-bad service in this area. Personally, I'm not even that much interested in FTTC: if we can have it, good, otherwise I would be just happy with a decent broadband service around 6-8mbit (something that only a few in the Rotherhithe area can get, mainly due to their distance from the exchange).
Standard User MCM
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 29-May-12 23:21:19
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Words such as "BT are a bunch of cowboy scumbags" sounds like moaning to me and does little to help your cause but since you have chosen to post anonymously that anonymous poster may not have been yourself.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 30-May-12 18:31:27
Print Post

OMG!! ROTFL!!!
@MCM
So you believe that EVERY TIME you see a post made by an anonymous user, that post is ALWAYS from the same person ?? now it seems to me that you are the one living on the moon laugh

My friend MCM, Anonymous is simply who's not registered to this forum, and there are a LOT of posters here that had something to say about broadband coverage in Rotherhithe area, not only me. I just was the 'anonymous' suggesting to keep an eye on HyperOptic and giving only constructive advices.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 30-May-12 18:38:51
Print Post

@MCM: LOL.. and now I see also the rest of your message (that was not showing up on my phone). Yes, exactly, it was not me, as you wisely guess. I simply didn't register because I'm not a frequent poster in this forum. I don't see any problem with that and this doesn't affect any conversation you can have in the forum, as long as you stick to the conversation you're having and don't fall into the easy path of starting flame wars
Standard User MCM
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 30-May-12 19:35:12
Print Post

May I strongly suggest that in future you try reading all of the post to which you are replying. Surely that's not too much to ask even of an anonymous poster.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 02-Jun-12 22:00:27
Print Post

In reply to a post by MCM:
May I strongly suggest that in future you try reading all of the post to which you are replying. Surely that's not too much to ask even of an anonymous poster.

I have to say this MCM character sounds like a total d.ick. Accusing people of moaning on the basis of statements he is not even sure they made. Good stuff. While MCM continues to moan about others' non-existent statements, broadband continues to be slow in se16. Kan, I applaud your efforts and spirit. We can only do what is within our grasp and paying GBP30k for broadband to Hyperoptic isn't . All the best fellow infinity deprived internetizens!
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 10-Jun-12 10:44:45
Print Post

Where is the "like" button ? laugh
I'll soon (end of june) move to SE16 5ES and I'll try with Home Telecom. it seems they have a contention ratio of 20:1, against the average of 30:1 (Sky) and 50:1 (BT) of other ISP.. I'll let you know what my feedback is laugh
In reply to a post by Anonymous:
I have to say this MCM character sounds like a total d.ick. Accusing people of moaning on the basis of statements he is not even sure they made. Good stuff. While MCM continues to moan about others' non-existent statements, broadband continues to be slow in se16. Kan, I applaud your efforts and spirit. We can only do what is within our grasp and paying GBP30k for broadband to Hyperoptic isn't . All the best fellow infinity deprived internetizens!
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 10-Jun-12 11:50:37
Print Post

Where is the "like" button ? laugh
that's on facenron
I'll soon (end of june) move to SE16 5ES and I'll try with Home Telecom. it seems they have a contention ratio of 20:1, against the average of 30:1 (Sky) and 50:1 (BT) of other ISP.. I'll let you know what my feedback is laugh
There's no such thing as contention ratios. Home telecom are likely just reselling TalkTalk.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 10-Jun-12 13:26:43
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

@BatBoy,

I cannot judge what I don't see for myself and I don't want to assume they're lying, because this is what they are selling: http://www.hometelecom.co.uk/contention-ratio.php
I'm happy to try them, cause I can choose a 1-2-..x months contract and judge by myself, without binding to a one-year contract like with the other ISP.. seems to me a much better way to test a provider
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 10-Jun-12 22:28:48
Print Post

@BatBoy,

I cannot judge what I don't see for myself and I don't want to assume they're lying
You said "lying" not me. I'm just saying they are wrong. They clearly don't know anything about broadband.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to