General Discussion
  >> Broadband Not-spots & slow-spots

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User gavsdavs
(experienced) Mon 15-Aug-11 20:04:43
Print Post

How to contact BT ?

[link to this post]

Looks like BT are only going to fibre up a part of this area, they've made no further updates as to postcodes around SE16

Does anyone know an address you can write to (or any contact information) to ask them if they have plans to do my road ? (and why not if applicable).

I imagine they really don't want a million and one potential customers asking the same, but is such a dialogue possible with BT ?

Gavs
Standard User MCM
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 15-Aug-11 23:41:42
Print Post

Re: How to contact BT ?

[re: gavsdavs] [link to this post]

Some 500+ SE16 postcodes on the Bermondsey exchange are listed in the leaked PCP to Postcode Report dated 13 April 2011 many of which are planned to get FTTP rather than FTTC.

You should be able to find a link to the report (a 47MB csv document) in the Fibre Broadband forum.
Standard User CommandQ
(learned) Tue 16-Aug-11 01:09:21
Print Post

Re: How to contact BT ? *DELETED*

Post deleted by CommandQ

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Sat 20-Aug-11 08:45:54
Print Post

but is such a dialogue possible with BT

your best bet may be via local authority / council.

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Are your kids pirates ? Limewire, Bearshare, Kazaa, BitTorrent, eMule are all tools of the trade.
Standard User gavsdavs
(experienced) Tue 23-Aug-11 19:48:28
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

I did that, and there is a huge blackspot where I am.
Their plans about the blackspot is what I'm trying to find out.
Standard User MCM
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 24-Aug-11 01:07:41
Print Post

I would have thought BT's plans were quite clear. If your postcode is one of those not listed (and mine isn't either) that means that BT have no plans to provide either FTTP or FTTC to your postcode in the phases announced to date.

In my case, it appears that the development on which I live (75 premises, built 1989) is not connected via a cab but instead we all have EO lines with a line length of 1.7-2.0 km. BT have indicated that those with EO lines can expect at sometime in the future to have the option of FTTP but with no timescale so I'm guessing that will be sometime in the next 20 years. Incidentally the nearest FTTC enabled cab is a couple of hundred metres away and all the properties surounding the development, which was built on a former light industrial site, have access to FTTC.

Remember that BT as a company with shareholders have no obligation to provide either FTTC or FTTP unless commercially viable, similarly they have no obligation to reveal their future plans as these could be considered commercially sensitive.
Standard User gavsdavs
(experienced) Thu 25-Aug-11 19:04:28
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

That's the thing, I think doing the postcodes they miss (here) will be profitable for them.

Most of the properties are purpose build blocks of flats - from 10-50 units in each building, It's the docklands stuff built in the late 80s/early 90s.

They're also likely to be bandwidth hungry consumers, young professionals, very much the wired generation.

There are buildings getting FTTC/P on the other side of my road, literally over the street, so much of the ducting must be shared.
Why not us ??

Very frustrated with BT.
  Print Thread

Jump to