General Discussion
  >> Broadband Not-spots & slow-spots

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User joestalbans
(newbie) Tue 13-Sep-11 09:56:09
Print Post

Change Cabinet

[link to this post]

Hi,

Does anyone know if changing what cabinet I'm connected to is possible.
I currently get about 1.75Mb/s through ADSL2. My exchange (St Albans) has been FTTC enabled for a while now but my cab hasn't been enabled and dosn't have a date. There are two cabs that have been enabled that my line must pass by. See map attached. I'm located where the A marker is, my cab is the one at the top left the other two orange dots are FTTC enabled cabs.

Cab Map

Who would I contact to ask for a move (if one is possible) assuming its not cost prohitive, I wouldn't mind ordering a new line assuming I could be assured that it would be connected to an upgraded cab.

I can't get Virgin Media as they end their service 400m up the road!

Any thoughts.

Thanks in advance

Joe
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Tue 13-Sep-11 11:24:57
Print Post

Re: Change Cabinet

[re: joestalbans] [link to this post]

I wonder if the two cabs came later for infill development and cab 40 has a lot of longer lines. Will try to find that dataset - what's your postcode ?

You could try emailing Openreach, or a better bet may be to get an ISP like AAISP, IDNet, Zen or similar to take up the case on your behalf.

I think you may be on cabinet 44 ?

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Are your kids pirates ? Limewire, Bearshare, Kazaa, BitTorrent, eMule are all tools of the trade.

Edited by yarwell (Tue 13-Sep-11 11:53:30)

Moderator billford
(moderator) Tue 13-Sep-11 12:04:33
Print Post

Re: Change Cabinet

[re: yarwell] [link to this post]

Cross-postig is not allowed... further replies to here please.

Closed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com __________________Planes and Boats and ... __________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to