General Discussion
  >> Broadband Not-spots & slow-spots

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User 1Gopher
(newbie) Thu 05-Apr-12 11:43:56
Print Post

Is this You or is it Virgin? London to Birmingham Pipe?

[link to this post]

For the Last 4 weeks when trying to carry out a speed test on your site I have been unable to get more than .5Mb down but my up stays at it's normal 4.8-9 Mb
Up until 4 weeks ago my average was between 47-49 Mb! but not for the last 4 weeks. I can use other speed testers with No Problems.

Virgin XXL 50Mbps
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Thu 05-Apr-12 11:53:01
Print Post

Re: Is this You or is it Virgin? London to Birmingham Pipe?

[re: 1Gopher] [link to this post]

you're in the wrong place. Try "talk to the staff" or a speedtest section if there is one

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Standard User 1Gopher
(newbie) Fri 06-Apr-12 08:27:27
Print Post

[re: yarwell] [link to this post]

Well That's funny I posted here yesterday and now the problem has gone after nearly 3 weeks. Hmmm I do not believe in Coincidences

Virgin XXL 50Mbps

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User leexgx
(learned) Wed 11-Apr-12 08:52:38
Print Post

[re: 1Gopher] [link to this post]

(stupid laptop mouse pad wiped me post out lol)

mite be your network where you are is oversubscribed (if you use the below tools to see if your getting more then 100 ping or worse packet loss, that will lower your connection speed or with packet loss gaming would be unreliable or web sites mite stall when loading)

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping (but its ran out of capacity at the moment not sure if they are going to extend it, but its very useful sends one ping every 1 second)
http://www.fruk.net/index.php?fruk=f8lure (not as good as the TB ping monitor as it only sends about 2-8 pings an 1 min, TBB does it every second, it should be sending 60 pings per min or one an second)

other issue is the TB speed test its randomly generated file but most of the time its to small the test file, so only useful results for low speed connections (lower then 15mb, basically ADSL connections) some times if you reload the speed test enough times you get one that give you an 50MB+ or higher test file that can give you an good speed test result

Print Thread

Jump to