Continuing on from Cable upgrade, FTTC or community fibre?
This will now be the new thread containing updates on progress (or lack of) for the Selling Village Broadband Project.
Please see the July update from Bill Mabey of Interneal Communication Systems by clicking here
1. TKPSN = KPSN
2. The change over to KPSN happened about 2 weeks ago.
3. ICS have no technical experts (that I know of).
4. There are no known issues with the fibre backhaul through KPSN, so any issues that they have are their own.
5. There is no need to "run-in / trial" the fibre backhaul as this a 100Mbps leased line, we all know they work as advertised.
6. There was no issue with shortage of IP addresses, they had a /25 and could have a /24 if they could have proved a need. (I believe they purchased a /22 (1022 usable IP addresses).
7. bloc = block.
8. There is absolutely no reason that they couldn't be providing a phone service, this is simply a stalling tactic.
9. "Work continues in Hogben's Hill" - Simply a lie, they've done nothing in the last month.
10. It really isn't right that they still accept no responsibility for delays and continue to blame third parties in the parish magazine.
This project has been ongoing for 768 days and under 30 people have been connected. Many Selling residents have signed up to alternatives such as wireless broadband from Vfast or Satellite broadband from tooway.
Adding Notice board update which is different to the one for the parish magazine for some reason.
Update for Village Notice Boards
1. The wireless backhaul was turned off after non payment and 12 days of free service.
2. Done correctly no reconfiguration would have been needed as they were just using DHCP.
3. Don't know what mgbits are. mg = milligram, that's not right!
Now on twitter @timmay2
Edited by 5km (Wed 25-Jul-12 21:46:35)