General Discussion
  >> Broadband Not-spots & slow-spots

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Terry7
(newbie) Thu 20-Sep-12 08:46:35
Print Post

Rollout Map boundary information

[link to this post]

I live in Bexhill approx 1 mile from the centre. I have been onto the rollout map and it shows Bexhill as 'coming soon, ie 30 Sept at the moment, but my home is located half way between the CS flag and the Not currently planned flag at Little Common. Obviously I want to know am I in or out as regards fibre rollout. Is there a map which shows the exact boundaries or can I send you a pm with my post code and someone can tell me which side of the line I sit. As regards the cabs I cannot locate one near me and the post code cab locater does not show one in my post code but I presume not every postcode has one. Help please
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 20-Sep-12 09:25:49
Print Post

Re: Rollout Map boundary information

[re: Terry7] [link to this post]

What does http://www.coolwebhome.co.uk/fibre/checker.php show for your postcode.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Terry7
(newbie) Thu 20-Sep-12 10:13:04
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

You have identified a search facility I could not find , thanks for that, It gives the following response to my post code,
Service type, FTTC. prop 100 perc, Speed inc 3.8, Phase 8a, Cab P33

Approx date Sept 12. NDBEX

So if I interpret this correct it is telling yes I will be able to access BT Infinity although the anticipated speed increase will only be 3.8 mb?
have I interpreted the info correct?
Many thanks for the help so far.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 20-Sep-12 10:17:43
Print Post

No, 3.8 is the multiplier to multiply your current speeds by.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User Terry7
(newbie) Thu 20-Sep-12 10:54:25
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

OK that sounds better, I wa beginning to think it was not worth changing
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 20-Sep-12 11:23:42
Print Post

But it all comes down to your distance from the cabinet. If you're less than 200 metres away you should see 80Megs, assuming copper cables between you and the cab of course.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User Terry7
(newbie) Thu 20-Sep-12 11:27:32
Print Post

Is there away to identify the cab location ie in my case P33, not immediately apparent from a walk around
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 20-Sep-12 11:30:46
Print Post

The phone cab should have the number painted on it. There should be an FTTC cab nearby.

IIRC there was a spreadsheet with the cab postcodes on, but I don't know what happened to that.

Standard User Terry7
(newbie) Fri 21-Sep-12 08:21:12
Print Post

Located cab , old box with number on it and alongside new cab with no number but presume fibre replacement. You can see we're it has been wired in via trenches to the underground ductwork. Cab does not appear to be running yet as no fan sound audible.
Unfortunately cab is approx 800 metres from house and cable run underground emerging every now and then via distribution poles to houses presumably via copper cable.
Obviously you cannot say one way or another on the possibility of a good access at my house but based on this info should I be reasonably confident or depressed!
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 21-Sep-12 08:52:01
Print Post

Well according to this 800m=28Mbps
Distance to cabinet (metres) Estimated connection speed Cumulative%'age of premises at this distance
100m 100 Mbps 5%
200m 65 Mbps 20%
300m 45 Mbps 30%
400m 42 Mbps 45%
500m 38 Mbps 60%
600m 35 Mbps 70%
700m 32 Mbps 75%
800m 28 Mbps 80%
900m 25 Mbps 85%
1000m 24 Mbps 90%
1250m 17 Mbps 95%
1500m 15 Mbps 98%

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to