General Discussion
  >> Broadband Not-spots & slow-spots

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Riverbraid
(newbie) Sun 24-Mar-13 15:27:41
Print Post

Best Broadband *DELETED*

[link to this post]

Post deleted by Riverbraid
Standard User Grocket
(newbie) Sun 24-Mar-13 16:21:08
Print Post

Re: Best Broadband

[re: Riverbraid] [link to this post]

There's a good chance that you may be stuck with this sort of performance. However it all depends. I am in a rural area with Sky and I get about 6.7mb. I had all the telephone wiring in the house tidied up and new master socket and. although I am surrounded by green fields, I am only about 3km from the exchange. I get better speeds than some people in the town so I guess I am just lucky. Tiding up the wiring produced a very significant improvement although the wiring was very very bad before.
Standard User Riverbraid
(newbie) Sun 24-Mar-13 16:47:10
Print Post

[re: Grocket] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Grocket:
There's a good chance that you may be stuck with this sort of performance. However it all depends. I am in a rural area with Sky and I get about 6.7mb. I had all the telephone wiring in the house tidied up and new master socket and. although I am surrounded by green fields, I am only about 3km from the exchange. I get better speeds than some people in the town so I guess I am just lucky. Tiding up the wiring produced a very significant improvement although the wiring was very very bad before.

Ok thanks very much for the advice

Harold

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User TAZZ69
(learned) Sun 24-Mar-13 17:52:20
Print Post

[re: Riverbraid] [link to this post]

Do you mean up to 8 mb?
If you post your line stats some of the more experienced members maybe able to work out what you should get. If you get 8 mb at non peak times then you would probably do better if you switch suppliers.

Maybe you are just too far from the exchange to get a faster speed, in which case switching supplier won't work

Linksys WAG54GS on PlusNet
Now on unlimited & can't wait for fibre and getting 5 meg now
Moderator Sadoldman
(moderator) Sun 24-Mar-13 20:23:13
Print Post

[re: TAZZ69] [link to this post]

This thread closed new one started http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/unhappiness/t/42241...

Closed

Sadoldman

Just a tad sad..a wee bit old...wink

don@thinkbroadband.com
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to