General Discussion
  >> Broadband Not-spots & slow-spots

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mfrank
(newbie) Tue 02-Apr-13 19:01:30
Print Post

Finchampstead

[link to this post]

Hey all,

Thanks to everyone for the great information in these forums.

Looking at a few cabinets around Finchampstead they have the Open Reach stickers on these days (woohoo), but for RG40 3LD the postcode checker still says its not available for me. Hopefully its just a matter of a cab getting connected up still.

Would anyone be able to advise what Cab this area is likely to be on, and for extra points, know any further information as to when its likely to be upgraded?

Thanks!!
mfrank
Standard User mfrank
(newbie) Tue 02-Apr-13 19:37:33
Print Post

Re: Finchampstead

[re: mfrank] [link to this post]

Found the wholesale availability checker, which says I am on Exchange EVERSLEY served by Cabinet 2.

I`m not even sure where that is, but still, if anyone can help with any more info I`d be grateful!

Cheers
Fraser
Standard User bkaz
(regular) Tue 02-Apr-13 20:38:53
Print Post

hi. i think it is by the roundabout at the junction of finchampstead/ barkham ride - on finchampstead road itself (map reference on google maps 51.379469, -0.853887). i believe it went live (wrt fibre availability) beginning of the year. if your number is not showing as available, it is possibly because all available slots are taken and Openreach may need to reprovision based on their estimate of demand etc.

My boss told me, career is a verb.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mfrank
(newbie) Tue 02-Apr-13 21:11:47
Print Post

[re: bkaz] [link to this post]

Hey bkaz

Thanks for that - yes, I also found this page that seems to agree with the location you mentioned.

Well, I guess that is good news, kinda. smile

Obvious next question is, how do I go about confirming that is the reason, and get some info into their reprovision plans?

I`ll obviously start with BT/OpenReach themselves but if anyone has experience asking such a question it`d be great to know.

Thanks again.
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Tue 02-Apr-13 21:36:20
Print Post

As mentioned, that is 100% the location of cab 2.

It has been live for a fair while now, I would however be surprised if the cab had run out of ports already. What reason does the ordering process give for not being able to order ?

Standard User mfrank
(newbie) Tue 02-Apr-13 21:48:40
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Hi Zarjaz,

A reason would be nice wouldn't it! The only way I know how to check is to use the "Can I upgrade to BT Infinity?" checker on the BT website, which just gives me the blurb below. Do you know a way to get a better reason than this?

--

You can enjoy BT Broadband now. BT Infinity isn't currently available to you

Can I get fibre optic BT Infinity in the future?

Getting BT Infinity at your property depends on a number of factors including whether or not your telephone exchange currently supports BT Infinity and whether your street cabinet and line have been enabled.

To find out more you can look up your telephone exchange on the BT Openreach website. Your property is connected to EVERSLEY telephone exchange.

Take me to the BT Openreach postcode checker

More on the fibre optic rollout >

You can also register your interest and we'll be in touch if you're able to receive BT Infinity.
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Tue 02-Apr-13 22:17:51
Print Post

It can just be that sometimes the 'computer' gets it wrong.

It is definitely there, I have installed it for punters just round the corner from you.

It might be worth starting a new thread in the specific Fibre forum on here, asking if anyone knows of a good way round this.

Print Thread

Jump to