General Discussion
  >> Broadband Not-spots & slow-spots

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User JuliaSally
(newbie) Mon 21-Jul-14 12:59:31
Print Post

Radio Broadband Lenham area

[link to this post]

I wonder if anyone can help, I live in Lenham Kent and my broadband speed is approx. 700kbs which is totally unacceptable to most people but even more difficult for me as I run a small IT support company. Is there another wireless/radio supplier in this area other than VFast? The reason I ask is that I ordered wireless broadband from VFast and they arrived with ladders which wouldn't get to my chimney, they then came a few weeks later with a cherry picker which wouldn't work because the ground next to my chimney was on a slope, they then said they would come back with another cherry picker, after a few weeks we chased them and they said they would come in about 3 weeks, then out of the blue they sent an email saying they couldn't install, despite me emailing them back they haven't replied, hence my need for another company that might try a little harder.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 21-Jul-14 14:52:10
Print Post

Re: Radio Broadband Lenham area

[re: JuliaSally] [link to this post]

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/4785-avanti-and-v...

Shows VFast was the main wireless winner in Kent.

Not sure how tall your property is, but should have been able to install on a lower point that was accessible, unless of course topography and trees mean that the height was needed to be able to get a signal.

Does anyone else have VFast near to you? i.e. get an idea of what their installs look like.

The lack of reply suggests that they've decided its too costly to install, or might not be possible without extra masts etc

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User brandscill
(committed) Mon 21-Jul-14 20:56:03
Print Post

Orbital any good?

http://www.orbital.net/wireless_services/wireless_co...

BT ADSL 4.7Mbps (Actual)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 21-Jul-14 22:39:59
Print Post

[re: brandscill] [link to this post]

Plenty of info on leased line type stuff but very little consumer/SME type information

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Promod
(member) Tue 22-Jul-14 00:04:48
Print Post

No FTTC available ?
Lenham exchange was in phase one of the KKC/Medway plans and should have completed round about now.
Standard User Jax2
(learned) Tue 22-Jul-14 12:14:26
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

The lack of reply suggests that they've decided its too costly to install, or might not be possible without extra masts etc

I hate it when people or firms lack what was once the common decency to at least inform the prospective customer what is going on and that in this case that they feel unable to supply the service. If that prospective customer was me I would be very frustrated and angry to have been treated like that and to have wasted so much time when I could have been investigating other options. VFast sound like a firm to be avoided but the attitude displayed is so common and basically downright rude.
Standard User revdickv
(newbie) Sat 22-Nov-14 09:58:54
Print Post

[re: Jax2] [link to this post]

Hi
as of Thursday 20th Nov, Vfast have installed wireless broadband repeaters on Lenham church tower. Hopefully you will be able to take advantage of this.
They are also installing on the towers of Harrietsham, Boughton Malherbe and Ulcombe churches.

cheers
Dick
(I am the vicar of Lenham)
  Print Thread

Jump to