General Discussion
  >> Broadband Not-spots & slow-spots

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User chilting
(newbie) Tue 23-Sep-14 22:48:57
Print Post

Re: BDUK won't help my property

[re: lektroluxe] [link to this post]

Wireless is only available in a few locations in West Sussex.
It will continue to be generally unavailable because of this vain attempt at fixing the rural broadband problem with just wired broadband.
No wireless provider will invest blindly when they don't know what areas are going to be upgraded by BT at a decent speed.
Why we can't have a bit more forward planning is totally beyond me!

Edited by chilting (Tue 23-Sep-14 22:51:07)

Standard User mikejp
(regular) Wed 24-Sep-14 08:12:25
Print Post

[re: brandscill] [link to this post]

Chilt - you will probably find that 'Broadband Bill' has been 'purring' down the phone to 'call-me-Dave' about how pleased he is with the way the decision went.................

We are dealing with a government that just does not understand.
Standard User chilting
(newbie) Wed 24-Sep-14 21:09:43
Print Post

[re: mikejp] [link to this post]

"People should [also] bear in mind that everywhere we take fibre, we're bringing an open network with multiple service providers competing to keep prices low"

Words from the man himself!

Why then do WSCC say that they are forbidden from improving my broadband speed and the speed of our friend from Slinfold.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User brandscill
(committed) Wed 24-Sep-14 23:43:59
Print Post

[re: chilting] [link to this post]

I've gone back and asked them to clarify on a few of their points, especially with how they've come to the conclusion Kijoma serves me (previously they said after looking at samknows)

In recent days Slinfold has been updated on the West Sussex Better Connected Coverage Checker to say "Pink - Coming Soon
Access to better, faster broadband is coming soon. The network is now being built. Keep checking for details about when services will be available."

Openreach pits it at December, Better Connected says January so I guess we'll see. None of this (according to Cathy from WSCC) will help me though but it's good to see things are on the move for Slinfold in general.

BT ADSL 4.7Mbps (Actual)
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to