General Discussion
  >> Broadband Not-spots & slow-spots

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User DJB1969
(newbie) Sat 28-Feb-15 09:59:12
Print Post

Does "Under Review" status ever change?

[link to this post]

Morning all

I have a question. I think Openreach have been and gone with Fibre BB in our area and they have come to the conclusion that they can't be bothered to enable our cabinet. This is completely in line with the shoddy service we all got back in 2012 when our road was built and Openreach took three months to put our phone line in (more for other people).

The FTTC postcode check says "Under Review" for our cabinet and I have confirmed that we have a different cabinet to the adjacent road that can get Fibre BB. Does the "Under Review" status ever change? Do they come back with a nice logo for "Can't be bothered" or "Couldn't care less"?

I have to say that in the current election period, the party that stands on reforming the Stalinist monster that is BT Openreach have got my vote.

Darren
Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Sat 28-Feb-15 13:00:29
Print Post

Re: Does "Under Review" status ever change?

[re: DJB1969] [link to this post]

Things can change, but it isn't a fast process, and can result in bad news as well as good.

What exchange & cabinet?

Your local BDUK project will probably know more, but new-build areas have been left out of commercial plans due to a lack of up-to-date information that the plans are based on. Likewise, the phase 1 BDUK plans have been known to forget to label these areas as "NGA white", which prevents them getting subsidised.

It is important to make sure that, at the very least, the project knows about your area as they make plans for phase 2 - which is going on now.
Standard User AndyHCZ
(committed) Sat 28-Feb-15 13:09:56
Print Post

How about not economically viable?

Openreach/BT will only invest (as part of their commercial programme) where they can see a return on their investment.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Mark07
(learned) Sat 28-Feb-15 13:31:14
Print Post

I know how you feel, the cabinet serving our line at work has been under review for the last year or so and we've been holding off getting a leased line in because of the expense, and in the hope FTTC will be available soon
Standard User epyon
(experienced) Sun 08-Mar-15 19:13:38
Print Post

Yeah it can change

my old exchange was UR for around a year

then suddenly cabs started poping up around the place

and then it went straight to AO.

SKY FTTC - 40/10
My Ping
Now on the BT/EE Mobile Trial!
Standard User lelboy
(committed) Sun 08-Mar-15 21:19:58
Print Post

"Stalinist" monster describes a money-grasping, privately - owned business? How odd....
Standard User DJB1969
(newbie) Sun 08-Mar-15 23:31:06
Print Post

[re: lelboy] [link to this post]

Maybe a bit strong I know. What meant was that Openreach are this monolithic edifice that refuses to communicate with us mere mortals and seems to operate to it's own rules and agenda with no accountability.
Standard User DJB1969
(newbie) Sun 08-Mar-15 23:32:42
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

The exchange is Melbourn in Cambridgeshire and I believe that we are on cabinet 12 in Meldreth.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 09-Mar-15 08:50:21
Print Post

Latgely because it was set up like this with isp meant to do the talking to the mere mortals

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Jax2
(regular) Mon 09-Mar-15 09:24:12
Print Post

Things can change.

My area is still UR but they have been very busy putting in FTTP. Talking to the engineers doing the work (the last one was actually connecting the fibre to the manifolds) things are almost complete then just testing to do so he reckoned things would go live sometime at beginning of May. Still says under review on the Openreach Where and When though and the normal BT checker gives no indication of fibre coming at all.

My conclusion is that the above sites are not exactly helpful or accurate when finding out information, I think UR is just a holding label which does not actually relate to what is going on on the ground.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to