General Discussion
  >> Broadband Not-spots & slow-spots

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ukwoody
(experienced) Tue 08-Sep-15 20:09:12
Print Post

Superfast Cymru postcode query

[link to this post]

Hi, I am confused about my postcode for fibre. I live very rurally and am connected to the Broadhaven exchange (pembs).

My postcode is SA62 3LU Are we on a whitelist - and what does that actually mean? Are we part of an infill - stage 1 or two?

would be very grateful if someone could shed some light onto it for me please as I cannot make sense of the published papers

many thanks

Woody

regards,
Woody (chuntering along in his own inimitable style, using 100 words when 10 would do)
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 10-Sep-15 15:11:32
Print Post

Re: Superfast Cymru postcode query

[re: ukwoody] [link to this post]

While I have no idea myself, I'm wondering if it will be FTTP down there, its a small enough area and that's (apparently) what is happening at Waterston...... eventually, I heard someone say that Waterston (PCP20 (Blackbridge) on the Milford exchange) would be done by Xmas... we'll see.

We are supposed to be getting at least one area FTTP'd in Pembroke too I'm given to understand. This affects a friend in the Whitehall dr/ave so I am keeping an eye out for developments.

It it is FTTP this seems to be running a long time behind FTTC in parts of the county.

Sadly Superfarce Cymru seem unable to give any details beyond repeating the PF fluff that gets handed to them, maybe we would be better served by the money wasted on that useless excersize being invested in more installation teams.

Any ISP that thinks that selling my click traffic is acceptable is MisinPHORMed
VIVACITI 80/20 FTTC
SWPM PCP29 - Still suffering Random drops and intermittent high error counts

BQM - too red too often - couldnt recommend on current perfomance

Edited by warweezil (Thu 10-Sep-15 15:13:04)

Standard User WelshWArrior
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 10-Sep-15 15:31:37
Print Post

Unfortunately, your's seems to be an exchange only (EO) line and by the by the looks of the plans, no new cab to be installed for the EO lines. Have you contacted Superfast Wales?

-------------------------------------------
Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra
My speedtest result
My BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 10-Sep-15 17:18:02
Print Post

The confusion may be because its a split postcode, 1 in 5 are on cabinet 1 which is live for FTTC but you are far too far away at around 4km to benefit.

The EO lines are not in any of the plans, and as its a dispersed away so not many other postcodes with properties to make an EO intervention look worthwhile I suspect.

In short believe you may be in the 4% missing out from the current Superfast Cymru project.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ukwoody
(experienced) Sun 13-Sep-15 15:10:10
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks all. Yes I have spoken to Superfarce Cymru who literally did not have a clue and said "it might be another 2 years before you find out"...

regards,
Woody (chuntering along in his own inimitable style, using 100 words when 10 would do)
  Print Thread

Jump to