General Discussion
  >> Broadband Not-spots & slow-spots

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Jima1
(newbie) Mon 26-Oct-15 12:50:11
Print Post

Broadband speeds on 2 copper wires

[link to this post]

I live in South Lakes/ North Lancs boder. My IP profile is set at 7.13mbps, but I'm recently achieving 10 .5 mbps. I believe that this is due to BT Openreach installing fibre optics for at least 5 miles from where I live, so now part fibre optic & 2 copper wires. Plus I live less than 1 mile from local BT Exchage and about 100 yards from their box .

LA5 0BF

Jim
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 26-Oct-15 13:18:11
Print Post

Re: Broadband speeds on 2 copper wires

[re: Jima1] [link to this post]

If your IP profile is set to 7.15 Mbps then suggests you are on ADSL Max and are close to the phone exchange.

The fibre roll-outs will only help you if you upgrade to a faster fibre based product, it is not automatic because they are costs associated for install or changes in monthly fees.

Not sure I follow the 5 miles comment, if you are 1 mile from the exchange and 100 yards from the box, even if you do order FTTC then it will just be the 1 mile minus 100 yards that shift to the newer fibre network.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Icaras
(committed) Tue 27-Oct-15 16:40:09
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I imagine the 5 miles comment is the connection from the cabinet to the headend.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 27-Oct-15 18:54:47
Print Post

[re: Icaras] [link to this post]

Maybe

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to