General Discussion
  >> Broadband Not-spots & slow-spots

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User alloneword
(regular) Thu 26-May-16 01:12:28
Print Post

Hope for Rotherhithe.... MAybe

[link to this post]

Saw this on twitter the other day, we have had promises before but time will tell if they come to anything, i did have a word with them the other day and they talked about 5Ghz so i presume it's on par with Relish.Net

http://www.bwifi.co.uk/

Time will tell, and no i have no connection to the company

All1
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 26-May-16 09:37:48
Print Post

Re: Hope for Rotherhithe.... MAybe

[re: alloneword] [link to this post]

Relish is 3.4GHz so generally better propagation than 5GHz

Its a time will tell scenario. Rotherhithe for fixed line is gradually improving, with FTTP from Openreach, Hyperoptic and IFNL in various places now, but yes still one of the not so great areas and the arrival of good stuff in some parts just highlights the problems for now.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User alloneword
(regular) Thu 26-May-16 17:30:04
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

From my understanding Hyperoptic will only be looking at larger blocks of flats and again IFAIK you HAVE to have to take the phone line.

As for Relish they have been talking about dealing with Rotherhithe for years (at least 3) and still nothing so i don't expect anything from them, it's a crazy situation as there is a killing to be made round this way only if someone had the balls to invest here, mind you i can't moan i get 3 mbis my poor neigher gets half that

All1

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 26-May-16 17:52:25
Print Post

No obligation to take a phone line with Hyperoptic, it has broadband+phone and broadband only options. But yes will be the larger blocks and IFNL will be new build and Openreach FTTP tends to be new build too.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User godsell4
(member) Thu 26-May-16 21:13:53
Print Post

it looks like they are using the Mimosa 5GHz AC point to point gear, reading between the lines of what is posted on their site.

PlusNet Unlimited Fibre 3Mb to 5Mb
Standard User gavsdavs
(experienced) Thu 09-Jun-16 11:56:32
Print Post

The only experience of wireless internet I have is my 4g android, my 3g Three dongle, but isn't latency on wireless networks rather poor ? i.e in the hundreds of milliseconds as opposed to the units or tens of milliseconds ?

Rather oddly, my A&A circuit is slowly, over time, getting faster. I'm now up to a rocking 3.7mbits (that's over 400k/second). Is it possible as they take people onto fttc/fttp/fttrn that noise/complexity reduces for those of us left on the EO lines ?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 09-Jun-16 12:20:25
Print Post

[re: gavsdavs] [link to this post]

Wireless network latency should never in the 100's of ms, usually under 100ms and exactly value will vary depending on the actual set-up in use

Standard User alloneword
(regular) Thu 16-Jun-16 23:47:44
Print Post

[re: gavsdavs] [link to this post]

When i was messing about with Relish about 3 years ago it was good when it was working ping and speed were great, given i have 4mbits now problem for me was i just kept losing the connection, I do have a spare router here and i was going to hack it and make some form of external antenna, but to be honest i don't have the knowledge to do it on my own, if i could sort out an external antenna Id be looking at upwards of 25mbits that is for sure

All1
Standard User alloneword
(regular) Sun 03-Jul-16 15:53:53
Print Post

Just an update on this, i got this email this morning

You have been added as a User to Bkonex Limited by an Administrator.

This email contains your username and password to log in to http://www.bkonex.com/

Please do not respond to this message as it is automatically generated and is for information purposes only.

Not gone to the site just yet and done no digging on the company as of yet but will do later tonight

All1
Standard User alloneword
(regular) Sun 03-Jul-16 20:24:39
Print Post

Another email from them:
Service Launch Date
This is an opportunity for Bkonex to thank you for registering your interest in our yet to be launched SuperFast Fixed Wireless Broadband. The journey started under the name BWiFi Limited but in the past nearly two months we have had to battle with the almighty BT who accused us of copyright infringement based on our chosen name. At the end of the day we had to change our name instead fighting on and further delay our launch which we suppose you have been anxiously waiting for.
This temporary set back has meant that we can no longer meet up our commitment to launch by end of July; we are now looking at end of August.
On the bright side we want to assure you that we would provide you with high quality internet service. Bkonex would never allow her network to be congested our commitment to quality is uncompromising. Bkonex aim is to provide you with internet speed of upto 50Mbps and according to our roadmap, in a year's time we would be giving you speeds of over 200Mbps per household, matching and beating every provider out there.
Bkonex has her own network infrastructure which is independent of both BT and Virgin media; we are deploying a unique technology. At the moment all our equipment have been ETSI certified to be used in Europe and the UK by the European authority.

Bkonex can't wait for the start of this new exciting chapter of our history.

Coverage Area Phase 1
We concluded plans to ensure that at launch, we would be able to cover all parts of SE16 which means the whole of Rotherhithe, Surrey Quays, Canada Water, large part of Bermondey plus a large part of SE8. We are also open to delivering direct fiber to new development around these areas in the first phase of this service launch. Bkonex would be happy to hear from would be custmers who are willing to let Bkonex use their rooftops for redistribution in exchnage for some kind of monthly rental. If you want to contact us on this regard, please send us an email to info@bkonex.com.

All1
  Print Thread

Jump to