General Discussion
  >> Broadband Not-spots & slow-spots

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Dermylfc
(newbie) Wed 12-Oct-16 00:50:35
Print Post

Cabinet #28 Derry

[link to this post]

I've been trying to order fibre for a over a year since I moved into my 4 year old property. When I moved in the cabinet capacity was full when I spoke tto ISP but I couldn;t see this on the checking tools as unknown to me my address was a bronze address match. The rep advised me that adding a phone line to my property would rectify this and my address would show. I ordered a line and a "broadband" package of up 1mbps (fastest available). I waited a month or so for my address to populate on the openreach checker but it did not. I then noticed that cabinet capacity had opened for my neighours but my address still din't populate and my telephone number said "maybe the line is too long". By the time openreached checked the capacity had been filled.

After a year i finally managed to convince someone there was an address mismatch and have it escalated to the ordi robot. My address still appears but when capcity opened up for my negihbours, I not order as y address then changed to "we are exploring solutions". Again after waiting the standard 5-10 day waiting period for a response from openreach, the capacity had been filled. My Area is certainly an internet Not Spot.

If anyone has any ideas on how I may resolve my issue I'd appreciate some opinions. Luckily for my neighbours they can order broadband in a hunger games style when capacity is free but unfortunatly for me, I seem to have no chance of getting an upgrade which is strange since I live in a standard housing estate which is surrounded by eligble fibre customers and physically connected to some of those.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 12-Oct-16 10:20:39
Print Post

Re: Cabinet #28 Derry

[re: Dermylfc] [link to this post]

The provider is responsible for chasing up with its suppliers to ensure addresses are matching up correctly. Which provider is it?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Dermylfc
(newbie) Wed 12-Oct-16 16:51:00
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hello and thanks for taking the time to reply. I had a big repsonse typed out to send you but just as I was about to submit, I received a call from BT (my provider) exectuive complaints.

I had been in contact with executive complaints for a month and they too had denied the issue. They claimed openreach where pinning my issue on cabinet capacity although when I contacted them there was capacity but it seemed they didn't check themselves and just queried fibre availabilty on the cabinet with openreach which took 5 days from my email. 5 days in my area is longer than capacity life-span. Capacity had gone so I was back to the "your cabinet is full" even and the error wasn't addressed.

I was finally ready to give up and emailed BT a chronogical summary of the issue and actions so far. I pointed out where they had failed in my eyes to investigate, ignored evidence backingup my claims and fobbed me off on multiple occassions although I must admit frustration had gotten the better of me. I had told them what I thought the problem was, they ignored me and quoted me "cabinet full", "line too long" and "openreach said you can order on this date and there is no error". It was like talking to a brick wall.

After my not so nicely put emails 2 days ago I got an email from my case handler that this was now being esclaated because what I had been saying the entire time turned out to have soe substance. This was before I posted on here but I had not regained hope.

Today as I was submitting this response I received a call from another BT rep in the same team as my handler who was unavailable (I think I offended her by my assesment of their performance). He was actually very helpful and advised YES there is an issue, we've actually notice there are a couple of properties in your cabinet with this issue and it was a data issue on our end.

Finally a result, when I check now everything is as it should be. My details now appear correctly with phone and postcode. Capacity is still tight and I "might" have missed this month but based on cabinet history it will have some capactiy I'll be eligible to snap up next month.

Hopefully they keep upgrading it and we can all get on fibre soon but until then it's still a Not-Spot for most but at least now they are have finally fixed this data issue.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User georgie92
(newbie) Mon 05-Dec-16 15:51:27
Print Post

[re: Dermylfc] [link to this post]

Having a similar problem with cabinet 28. Have been checking capacity with my telephone number everyday almost for 2 months and there is never any capacity. Are you saying that they have actually increased capacity on occasions but have not for your telephone number for some reason? Lucky if I get 1mbps at the moment, so frustrating!
Standard User Dermylfc
(newbie) Mon 05-Dec-16 16:36:35
Print Post

[re: georgie92] [link to this post]

The error I had was different from the error that others in the area have been receiving and was due to bt and openreach refusing to listen for over a year.

Over the past 2 years, cabinet capacity has been increasing very slowly but it does open up from time to time. Most recent availability for the cabinet would have been in the first 2 weeks of November. If you checked there and still did not see capacity then your issue may be similar. If you ever check your neighbours addresses and find that they show availability but you still don't then it could be the same issue as I had.

The most obvious sign of my issue was the mismatch between my address key details and phone line key. Each time I searched these, the message being returned was different when it really should have matched.

Talking to an ISP isn't of great use in this until it shows your neighbours have capacity on the same cabinet that shows you don't because they won't listen to you and even then if you do prove I've found i'd been ignored until I became a pest with executive level complaints.

If you PM me you details I can check to see if it's the same error I was having
  Print Thread

Jump to