General Discussion
  >> Broadband Not-spots & slow-spots

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Bluehero
(newbie) Fri 30-Dec-16 19:30:24
Print Post

Promise of Fibre not delivered

[link to this post]

Hi All

I am looking a bit of advice in relation to my broadband. I live in the countryside although I wouldn't consider us living in a rural area as there as numerous towns and villages within a 5 mile radius.

We live about 1.5 miles from the nearest exchange which became Fibre enabled in 2010. We currently get a max speed of 1.5 Mbps

In January 2015 when checking the Openreach website I noticed that our status had changed to In Scope and that Fibre would be coming soon.

In May 2015 a new Fibre cabinet was installed about 200m from my address, the cabinet was connected to the grid and work began on the underground cabling. I spoke to engineer who said he would expect I would be able to order Fibre in the next 8 weeks.

The engineers disappeared one day and never returned to complete the work. Meanwhile other cabinets on the exchange were activated by the end of the year.

In December 2015 our status changed to "Under Review" to "Coming Soon"

In March 2016 our status changed to "In Scope" mentioning FTTP however in December we are now back to "Under Review"

I have tried to get further information without any success

Does anyone have a similar experience and if so do they have any advice as to getting a resolution with BT for better speeds?
Standard User lee111s
(experienced) Fri 30-Dec-16 20:11:50
Print Post

Re: Promise of Fibre not delivered

[re: Bluehero] [link to this post]

There must be a reason why they work stopped. Perhaps it was too expensive to source the power for the cabinet.

What's the postcode?
Standard User Bluehero
(newbie) Fri 30-Dec-16 20:44:05
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

Definitely not a power issue, cabinet was connected to the grid in June 2015

Post code is BT30 8JT, Cabinet in question is No 5 on the Seaforde exchange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Fastman2
(experienced) Fri 30-Dec-16 22:09:53
Print Post

[re: Bluehero] [link to this post]

this is northern Ireland -- thee are only 4 premises on that postcode
  Print Thread

Jump to