General Discussion
  >> Broadband Not-spots & slow-spots

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Marniagni
(newbie) Mon 23-Apr-18 14:55:10
Print Post

Re: Can someone please help me, i have ran out of options

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Thank you so much i will have a look now.

Thank you
Standard User Marniagni
(newbie) Wed 25-Apr-18 10:10:45
Print Post

[re: 961a] [link to this post]

Hi

I seem to have moved on an exhausted all options apart from someone has asked me to check if I have a "2 pair service with talk talk and if so they can offer me a 4 pair service which would solve my problem.

Problem is Talk talk are sending me round in circles and say they don't understand my question and it is driving me up the wall, over it and beyond.

Could anyone please just clarify t hat I am using the correct terminology to them. i.e 2 pair service.

Thank you so much
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 25-Apr-18 10:17:13
Print Post

[re: Marniagni] [link to this post]

Who is the "someone" that has asked you to check about 2-pair? In the end if your line is within parameters then BT won't do anything to make it better unless there is a fault. Assuming that someone is suggesting replacing some or all of your line with 4 pair wires rather than 2 then this is something BT mostly wouldn't do and TalkTalk almost certainly would be the wrong ISP to try and get this done.

I would suggest you talk to AAISP and see what they think they could do for you as this is beyond what the majority of ISPs would be able to deal with.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 961a
(committed) Wed 25-Apr-18 10:20:18
Print Post

Can you confirm if you ever

1 established the speeds your router can get when connected directly to the test socket?

2 established if BT or Zen or other isp can provide fibre service now at your address?

I have to say that whatever solution is eventually reached I doubt it will be with Talk Talk as the ISP and you may well get a much quicker solution by moving now

Also, such a solution may well be cheaper (much cheaper)
Standard User Marniagni
(newbie) Wed 25-Apr-18 10:25:19
Print Post

[re: 961a] [link to this post]

hi

I haven't yet checked point 1

re point 2 I cannot get fibre service wher ei am and I believe that the road needs to be dug up which again isn't an option unfortunately.

Is my terminology correct that I am asking talk talk ie for them to check if I have a 2 par service? as I don't really understand if this is correct and therefore cant explain to the muppets at talk talk

Many thanks
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 25-Apr-18 10:52:06
Print Post

Have no idea what you are trying to establish....

ADSL2+ and phone lines are delivered over a single pair of copper wires.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 25-Apr-18 10:53:02
Print Post

The 2 pair terminology to me is irrelevant. BT are very unlikely to replace what appears to be a working service and TalkTalk will not be an ISP that would have any hope of even posing that question for you.

We really need the stats information as there could be things you could do to help but without it we are all shooting in the dark. Either provide the stats or go to an ISP that you may stand some chance of helping you.

As has been said before - TalkTalk is not the ISP that is going to be able to provide help for this as they are bargain basement and don't charge enough to provide the level of service you are looking for.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 25-Apr-18 10:54:45
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Yes talk to AAISP and get a quote for their bonded service.

You may pay more to AAISP than for your existing service, but you need to weigh that up against getting this job and retaining it.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User 961a
(committed) Wed 25-Apr-18 10:57:20
Print Post

Please will you do a test socket reading? Without it none of us know if there is a fault in the house wiring that is stopping you getting higher speeds. It could make all the current faffing and timewasting unnecessary

Who have you talked to at BT/Zen/AAISPabout a fibre service that is below superfast speeds? It will certainly not involve digging up the road, merely accepting a contract that does not oblige the ISP to provide what they advertise as superfast or infinity broadband
Standard User jdigz7
(member) Wed 25-Apr-18 13:13:30
Print Post

In reply to a post by Marniagni:
hi

I haven't yet checked point 1

re point 2 I cannot get fibre service wher ei am and I believe that the road needs to be dug up which again isn't an option unfortunately.

Is my terminology correct that I am asking talk talk ie for them to check if I have a 2 par service? as I don't really understand if this is correct and therefore cant explain to the muppets at talk talk

Many thanks

Considering the time frame of which you need this issue done you are not helping yourself here?

First thing you should have done is do the test socket to eliminate the fact that your internal wiring is not the issue and you could see the speed increase to a level which would then be acceptable to your future employer

All this time talking with talk talk about a 2 pair service is pointless.

As many others have pointed out in this post you need to speak to AAISP about a bonded service and now more time has been wasted it is NOT likely you will have a new line installed within your time frame and bonded now.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to