General Discussion
  >> Broadband Not-spots & slow-spots

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User robertcrowther
(committed) Wed 25-Apr-18 14:34:24
Print Post

Re: Can someone please help me, i have ran out of options

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Probably leaving it to the last moment doesn't help either considering they are seeking employment from home.
Standard User 961a
(committed) Wed 25-Apr-18 14:39:30
Print Post

[re: Marniagni] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Marniagni:
I have already checked re bonding and it would have been a solution but the company I am working for will not accept is saying that their systems are not compatible.

I have not been wasting time, i have been seeking an answer 14hrs a day. Having checked 3.6 is the max speed anyone can give me. and that has had everything checked . my line is not capable of getting teh speeds i need. NO option for fibre, no option for leased lines, no option for satellite, no option for line bonding. I have exausted all avenues am extremely stressed with it all. Hence my question re teh 2 pair service being upgraded to a 4 pair service whichi have been told is my only option left.

I am not a technical person, but not thick either, its just an area that i havent had the need to explore before. I have been going at this blind and absorbing information as i go reliant upon peoples experience.

And, i thank people of this site that have helped and assisted me so far. Thank you

You say you've checked that 3.6Mbps is the max your line can give, but until you eliminate the possibility of a fault in the house wiring dragging down your speed neither you nor anyone else can know that. The line length with a good router should give higher than 3.6

You say you have no option for fibre. Specifically, who tells you this? Is it someone at TalkTalk? You have been told by more than one that TalkTalk is not the way to go, and not the one to take advice from. You may well not be able to get BT infinity or another ISPs superfast but that does not mean someone may not be able to supply fibre along your existing wires providing a substantial increase on your ADSL speeds. You need to talk to BT/Zen/AAISP and explain what you need and see what each can suggest

Don't be stressed. You simply need to follow the advice you are being given by three or four members here
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 25-Apr-18 15:13:33
Print Post

[re: TechServ] [link to this post]

While trying to be helpful, I think touting for business like you do at the end otherwise spoils a helpful post.

So take this as a warning that if you are going to post that trying to shift people to PM for 'details' as a cloak for selling your own service is not allowed.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User TechServ
(newbie) Wed 25-Apr-18 15:21:52
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Apologies - was not trying to break forum etiquette!

More confused why the potential employer would not accept a bonded service, but the OP may not have wanted to discuss that publicly
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 25-Apr-18 15:44:49
Print Post

I'm guessing it depends on the way the bonding is done. A lot of bonding is not true bonding - ie a single stream would only use one of the lines (which in most cases is more akin to load balancing).. It may be the company has had people on bonded connections before and had issues because whatever service they are using needs the whole bandwidth in a single thread and so "cheap" bonding solutions wouldn't work.

If the company are unwilling to support bonding then that pretty much rules it out.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(knowledge is power) Wed 25-Apr-18 15:46:32
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
e.g. target noise margin may be running at 12dB, but by moving to a service with a lower target margin as standard you might see speeds boosted to above 5 Mbps.

+1

TalkTalk use a 12db downstream SNR as default and can no longer change this manually. Assuming the OP is on a 12db SNR, then moving to a TT based line on AAISP with a 6db or 3db SNR could easily push the OPís speed past 5 Mbps. However we canít be sure until OP posts current line stats - he/she has already been asked for this a few times but seems unwilling.

FluidOne FTTP On Demand 330/30 Mbps
Linksys EA9500v2
Standard User TechServ
(newbie) Wed 25-Apr-18 16:07:56
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Thats not bonding at all - that would be load balancing as you say - very different & which for the OP will be no use as the requirement is a single threaded 5/1 connection - which an ADSL line tweaked or not isn't going to delivery the upload conditions.

Bonding is transparent to any application - all data originates from the single assigned IP address (or routed block) what paths are used and their respective bandwidths isn't visable to either the user or the application... DSL bonding (via an ISP) is very different to Hybrid Bonding (via a 3rd party service) and provides far greater resilience as well.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 25-Apr-18 16:13:24
Print Post

We don't know the OPs budget as full bonding can be quite expensive and is limited to a smaller number of suppliers (certain TalkTalk retail are going to have no clue about it).
Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Wed 25-Apr-18 16:28:51
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

We don't know the OPs budget
Nor do we yet know his stats or even what the BT Address checker actually says for his line.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 25-Apr-18 16:31:23
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

Indeed - many questions but few answers.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to