General Discussion
  >> Broadband Not-spots & slow-spots

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Marniagni
(newbie) Wed 25-Apr-18 16:38:15
Print Post

Re: Can someone please help me, i have ran out of options

[re: Marniagni] [link to this post]

UPDATE: Sorry it wont allow me to edit the original post.

I would like to say a big thank you to all of you that have contributed and assisted me in what seemed an almost imposible task, and for your time, patience & understanding.

Thankkfully a member on here has provided the solution for me and i am very grateful. Its very difficult for people like myself who have very litte IT knowledge and tested my understanding on more than one occasion and i am sure i have tested your patience also at various points.

Been amazing guys. Thank you so much.
Standard User jdigz7
(member) Wed 25-Apr-18 17:18:24
Print Post

In reply to a post by Marniagni:
UPDATE: Sorry it wont allow me to edit the original post.

I would like to say a big thank you to all of you that have contributed and assisted me in what seemed an almost imposible task, and for your time, patience & understanding.

Thankkfully a member on here has provided the solution for me and i am very grateful. Its very difficult for people like myself who have very litte IT knowledge and tested my understanding on more than one occasion and i am sure i have tested your patience also at various points.

Been amazing guys. Thank you so much.

Could you elaborate on what has fixed this for you ? Or has some obscure tech company promised to fix this for a ££££ fee.

Would be nice to be out in the open so that we can make sure a member isn't preying on someones lack of knowledge on this forum.

Be interesting to find out what the solution is.
Standard User Malwaremike
(committed) Wed 25-Apr-18 17:56:20
Print Post

a member on here has provided the solution for me

Glad to hear this and hope the solution works. However, as jdigz7 requests, would you please post your solution? It will add to the excellent knowledge base which is so freely and generously maintained by the learned members of this website and made available to non-techies like you and I.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Marniagni
(newbie) Wed 25-Apr-18 18:29:30
Print Post

[re: jdigz7] [link to this post]

Yes of course. Sorry I don't realise that you wanted additional information.

Something that I had missed. When I was first looking for a solution When I checked EE. with the postcode etc it only brought up standard broadband. So I moved onto the next research.

One of the guys on here, sent me the link to check 4G broadband ( which I didn't think I could get). The link brought up 4GEE home broadband. So I called them and they confirmed that I would be able to obtain the necessary speeds. £60pm on 18 month contract. I then called an EE shop to re check and again he checked and said it would be ore than adequate.
I hop ethat explains it for everone. So in the end i have found also a cheaper option by a substantial amount that i have been advised will work.
Standard User robertcrowther
(committed) Wed 25-Apr-18 18:39:38
Print Post

If it's the 200GB per month package, I hope the work you will be envolved with is not large files as the cost per MB if you go over will be great. The only reason why I thought it might envolve a lot of data tranfer is because your potential employer wanted a min speed which would indicate more than just simple web browsing.
Standard User 961a
(committed) Wed 25-Apr-18 18:44:46
Print Post

One of the guys on here, sent me the link to check 4G broadband ( which I didn't think I could get). The link brought up 4GEE home broadband. So I called them and they confirmed that I would be able to obtain the necessary speeds. £60pm on 18 month contract.

£60pm. Ouch! Is that unlimited?
Standard User Marniagni
(newbie) Wed 25-Apr-18 18:50:36
Print Post

[re: robertcrowther] [link to this post]

It will be booking holidays for people.
Standard User Marniagni
(newbie) Wed 25-Apr-18 18:52:02
Print Post

[re: 961a] [link to this post]

No its 200mg or gb sorry not sure pm
Standard User 961a
(committed) Wed 25-Apr-18 18:59:59
Print Post

No its 200mg or gb sorry not sure pm

Establish from prospective employer what amount of data you are likely to need per month while you are still in the period when you can avoid this new contract in cooling off period

Alternatively, find out how much each Gb costs if you go over in a month
Standard User robertcrowther
(committed) Wed 25-Apr-18 19:05:43
Print Post

Honest opinion time.

I've known people including my own brother who has done that (booking holidays for people) and to be honest it's not worth paying that amount per month for that type of service for what you are doing.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to