User comments on ISPs
  >> O2

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User markwm
(member) Tue 20-Oct-09 14:49:28
Print Post

O2 Router IP Address help

[link to this post]

I'm really struggling with the o2 router. The default address is 192.168.1.254. I simply want to change that to 192.168.1.1 and have a DHCP server giving out addresses in a range that I specify.

I go to Home > Home Network > Interfaces > LocalNetwork. I've tried adding the IP address under "IP Addresses", then deleting the 254 one. As soon as I make those changes, the internet stops working but I can access the router via 192.168.1.1.I have to re-enter the 254 address under IP Addresses to get the internet back. I also tried adding a new pool, not happening.

Surely such a simple task?
Standard User RobertoS
(legend) Tue 20-Oct-09 15:19:41
Print Post

Re: O2 Router IP Address help

[re: markwm] [link to this post]

Don't know if it is the answer, but if you are logged into the router as Administrator I think it almost certain for that sort of change you would need to change user to SuperUser, which I think is case sensitive.

The password will be either the serial number of the box or O2Br0adb64nd.

Bob's broadband help site:
www.robertos.me.uk
ISP history: Demon dialup >> Freeserve dialup >> BT Broadband >> Prodigynet >> Newnet >> O2 Standard.
Purple Cloud for domain, email and web space.
Standard User kevinrduke
(learned) Tue 20-Oct-09 15:22:55
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Anything here help ?

http://forum.o2.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=6355&sid=bd5aa...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User markwm
(member) Tue 20-Oct-09 16:24:11
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

How do I change to the superuser?

If I select "switch user" the only user listed is "administrator'
Standard User markwm
(member) Tue 20-Oct-09 16:31:50
Print Post

Re: O2 Router IP Address help *DELETED* *DELETED*

[re: kevinrduke] [link to this post]

Post deleted by markwm
Standard User RobertoS
(legend) Tue 20-Oct-09 21:06:03
Print Post

I forget, it was over a year ago! I use Netgear now.

But didn't another post give the method, with no mention of SuperUser?

Bob's broadband help site:
www.robertos.me.uk
ISP history: Demon dialup >> Freeserve dialup >> BT Broadband >> Prodigynet >> Newnet >> O2 Standard.
Purple Cloud for domain, email and web space.
Standard User Bloke_in_a_Shed
(newbie) Tue 20-Oct-09 21:50:29
Print Post

This method works for the TG585v7 router. Changing the DHCP pool range can be accomplished via the config file, but you do need to be logged in as SuperUser. First, go to O2 wireless box II on the lefthand menu, then select "configuration". At the bottom of the page, you'll see an option to Save or Restore Configuration under Pick a Task. Select this option and save your current config. The default saved name is "user.ini" and you can select a place to save this to suit yourself. Next, rename the saved file to something more sensible, like "fallback.ini". Open the file with a simple text editor, (like notepad), which won't alter the formatting. Before doing anything else, save again under another name, like "try01.txt". You'll find the DHCP pool start and finish points under dhcs.ini within the file. Change these as per your preference and save the file. The entries for 192.168.1.254 show up in several places, so best to use a search from the start of the file and modify every instance to 192.168.1.1 as you find them. Save the complete file and rename it to "try01.ini" Go back into the web interface for the router and call in the file you just created from the Save or Restore Configuration dialog. When the box re-starts, you should have to release and renew your connection to it if things have worked properly and you should be able to login at 192.168.1.1. Using this method preserves all your other settings for wireless and security etc. and allows you to recall everything if you ever have to use the factory reset without the misery of typing it all back in again. I know this works, as I've just done it myself and it's all fine now. I don't believe this method creates any security holes, but I can't vouch for that with any certainty. Maybe others could enlighten me if it does. I can't understand why you don't appear to have SuperUser though. Maybe a full reset of the box might restore it?
Richard.
Standard User broadband66
(member) Wed 21-Oct-09 13:16:07
Print Post

Use the keyboard and type "SuperUser"

Was Eclipse Home Option 1 & VM 2Mb
Now O2 standard
Standard User baldmosher
(newbie) Fri 07-Jan-11 22:43:13
Print Post

[re: Bloke_in_a_Shed] [link to this post]

I have a Box II as modem. I set this to .1 without trouble using the above instructions.

Any clue how to set this on the Box IV? It won't update IP or gateway to 192.168.1.1. Keeps resetting both to default .254. So I can't connect to the Box II gateway on .1 and I can't change the IP so it doesn't conflict with the Box II if I leave that as the default .254.

So if I could use the Box IV as the modem instead of the box II, it'd be fine, but then I would lose gigabit Ethernet in the other room. Might just have to bite the bullet and buy a gigabit switch.

Any ideas?
Standard User McPoel
(newbie) Sun 22-May-11 19:41:34
Print Post

In reply to a post by markwm:
I'm really struggling with the o2 router. The default address is 192.168.1.254. I simply want to change that to 192.168.1.1 and have a DHCP server giving out addresses in a range that I specify.

I go to Home > Home Network > Interfaces > LocalNetwork. I've tried adding the IP address under "IP Addresses", then deleting the 254 one. As soon as I make those changes, the internet stops working but I can access the router via 192.168.1.1.I have to re-enter the 254 address under IP Addresses to get the internet back. I also tried adding a new pool, not happening.

Surely such a simple task?

Perhaps this one might help. Worked for me at least: http://forum.o2.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=65417
  Print Thread

Jump to