General Discussion
  >> Other Broadband Technologies

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User nelix01
(regular) Wed 24-Feb-10 20:17:14
Print Post

FTTC Northern Ireland

[link to this post]

So far, BT have said they will be rolling out FTTC in Belfast. Driving though my local town, Enniskillen today I have spotted 3 new BT Cabs installed beside existing cabs. Me thinks that Enniskillen id close to getting FTTC.

BTBroadband
DSL Max
Standard User swervinc
(newbie) Wed 24-Feb-10 21:24:22
Print Post

Re: FTTC Northern Ireland

[re: nelix01] [link to this post]

I live close to L'Derry and can only get around 1mb. Woke up last saturday morning and saw KN Networks parked outside installing a new FTTC cab. They installed 2 in the village. BT havn't mentioned our exchange in their rollout so it looks like it is to do with the tender BT won a while a go. The KN guy said it'll be a few months until they bring the fibre out. Can't wait =)
Standard User nelix01
(regular) Wed 24-Feb-10 22:05:45
Print Post

[re: swervinc] [link to this post]

AFAIK it is to do with the money that DETI has pumped into developing the local network. I can only get 1 meg as living outside Enniskillen but it doesnt look like a CAB is being installed locallyfrown

BTBroadband
DSL Max

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User leprechun
(newbie) Wed 24-Feb-10 22:18:28
Print Post

[re: swervinc] [link to this post]

Hi our exchange area Crossmaglen is to get 6 new cabinets there are already 9 standard cabs in our area and as postcode checher is not live yet I dont know if our area is to get fttc.
Standard User tedsloan
(newbie) Wed 24-Feb-10 22:36:00
Print Post

I am on the Lisburn Exchange and ( according to the Samknows site ) FTTC will be available to the end user from April onwards. The Network Engineers installed a new green cabinet just along the road from here yesterday morning. I am with PlusNet so hope to be connected within weeks. Balmoral Exchange is the only other one mentioned as being active. Bangor is promised for later this year.
Standard User nelix01
(regular) Thu 25-Feb-10 10:52:54
Print Post

[re: leprechun] [link to this post]

Is there info available around what areas are benefiting from the new FTTC cabs rollout in NI?

BTBroadband
DSL Max
Standard User leprechun
(newbie) Thu 25-Feb-10 11:55:54
Print Post

Here is a link to the postcode checker but its not live yet .

http://www.fasterbroadbandni.com/
Standard User leprechun
(newbie) Thu 25-Feb-10 14:43:09
Print Post

Checker is going live tomorrow at some stage so I have been informed . Fingers crossed .
Standard User nelix01
(regular) Thu 25-Feb-10 15:19:09
Print Post

In reply to a post by leprechun:
Checker is going live tomorrow at some stage so I have been informed . Fingers crossed .

It would be good to see exactly what areas are getting the benefit of this investment.

BTBroadband
DSL Max
Standard User nelix01
(regular) Fri 26-Feb-10 09:26:32
Print Post

No sign of the checker live this morning.

BTBroadband
DSL Max
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to